LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tarun Bajaj (Service)     28 July 2018

After divorce change of under guardianship

Due to temperamental differences between me and my wife, we were separated from the date 23-December-2013 and later we filed mutual consent divorce on the 03-September-2016 and the second motion in the family court was 01-Apr-17.

The custody of both of my minor daughter's remained and are with me.

One of my minor daughter holds a PPF Account with SBI under the guardianship of her mother.

On the 07-October-2016, I personally visited the State Bank of India , Personal Banking Branch, New Delhi for change of under guardianship from PPF A/c along with the first motion papers, I was advised to come again after the second motion along with the copy of judgement and decree for the needful.

Again on the 20-Jun-2017, I visited the State Bank of India, New Delhi branch along with the application and the required documents, as advised to me before and submitted the same at the SBI, New Delhi.

I have been chasing SBI, branch by personal visits and over the emails from 07-October-2016 for the change of under guardianship for my daughter's account.

On the 29-June-2018, I received a reply from the Asst. General Manager of SBI, New Delhi asking for the consent of the mother for the change of guardianship.

The situation is, after the second motion of divorce dated 01-April-2017, neither the mother used her visitation rights and nor we (father and both the minor daughter's) are aware where she is and what she is doing ?

I am solely taking care of both the minor daughter's and we are not aware where the mother is ?

I just want the account should belong to my daughter (minor) at the time of maturity.

Or

The bank may close the account and send the cheque in favour of the (minor) at the address on bank records.

Or

They may keep the account in the name of Minor and remove mother's name.

Please advise what can I do in such a situation.

Learning

1 Replies

(Guest)

Write in detail same story with following facts:

When you went to SBI.

What time you went.

Whom you contacted.

Your phone number.

His phone number.... the bank walas....

plus story above. ask specififally what you want from bank.  mention date time place.  Send it via RPAD.  

Wait till you get the RPAD acknowledgement back. Then write another letter asking what acfion the bank took in regard to your letter dated so and so.  You will get the bank reply in 30 days.  You can get this done through RTI Act.  Search for RTI applcation forms.  Send 10 Rs IPO aalong with your RTI.  Kuch samaz nahi aaya toh ask.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register