Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sivaakumar   12 May 2015

Advise needed for divorce

Hi Friends,

Just need your suggestion..


I am marriedMy wife is frm Orissa, we are married in Aug'15 in Tamil nadu.

Its an unconsumated marriage , as she never agreed, I thooought it was just some hesitation in thee beginning which was usual doesnot seems to the case. She went back to orissa again and never came back.

She is working in a Gov job, earning atleast 10 K more than what I am earning today..

I requested her to come and stay with me, which she denied. Later she filed a 498A case against myself and my entire family and my parents are dragged to court including my heart patient father. Though we moved legally and got bail, it taken a real toll on my fathers health subsequently he passed away a month ago.

My questions:

I am working in  pvt compnt earning some 32 k per month..she is much educated than me and earnign is also high ( 45k )...can she still claim maintenance from me?

Though the marriage is done in TN with registration, can she drag us to orissa. Our current lawyer do not know hindi.

I have a  property which I got through my father, can she claim it.

Let me know if any other detals are required.



 3 Replies

advt Mukunda muniyappa (advocate)     12 May 2015

file a suit with help of your local T N advocate, where do u stay in T N


Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     12 May 2015

She can't get maintenance and can't claim right in your property.  Maintenance case or annulment case or divorce case, she can file from Orissa and T.N., whereever she likes.  If you want to file annulment or divorce case, you can file it in T.N.

sivaakumar   13 May 2015

@advt Mukunda muniyappa  I

I live in chennai

@Adv. Chandrasekhar

I have already failed a case in TN...i am worried that, what if she drags us to Orissa court

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query