Sir I am a widow lady from a small town. My husband’s friend took 45000 Rs.in cash from me some months back and he gave me a cheque dated 1 July 12. As the cheque date passed I contacted him for money. But he is not responding to my calls. So I deposited cheque and it got bounced. I am contacting him regularly but he is not answering my calls or meeting me. Now 2 months have gone and I thought to send him a notice. Following are my some queries:
1. As the cheque validity is till 30 sept 12. And Int have decided to send a notice to him in 1st week of September and demand for payment in 15 days.
2. What if he doesn’t make payment and as in this process cheque validity period gets over. Will it be problem to me later?
3. Will I need a lawyer for sending notice, or shall make my own notice from the cheque dishonor notice format available in this forum and get it sent from my cousin who is still practicing.
4. How many times i have to go to court.
5. Can I get some intrest on my amount.
Please advice me. Thank you to all in advance.