LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

walter (MANAGER)     31 July 2016

Adverse possession

Dear Respected Sir,

I would like your suggestion for a Property Issue.
My father 85 now and mother 79 aged residing in village Dakshina Kannada, Karnataka State from 1954
My Grand father rented this land in 1945 (Rent receipt of 1955 attached) from a landlord and my father was having a cloth shop along with 2 rooms to stay before his marriage. 
During 1956 my fathers sister purchased from the land owner entire this land around 2.37 Acres. Fathers sister and husband staying temporarily in 2 rooms constructed by my father and later they built their own house leaving our occupied part of a land to my father (SHOP tax paid & house tax demand notice from local panchayat avaialble). In 1992, shops have been attached & converted to part of our house. Now we are paying HOUSE TAX to panchayat. Electricity, Water, Telephone Bills are in my fathers name.
Later My father several time requested to register the title the land in his possession, but did not do so. In 1982 my fathers bro-in law send to my father lawyer notice (enclosed) for which reply has given. Subsequently, Local 5 people had a meeting with my fathers bro-in law and come to a decision that the house along with backyard developed crop (agriculture) about 47 cents and rest he has taken his custody by putting fence. Later he died and the issue as it is we requested the fathers sister but no progress becoz their children are grown up and they have restriction. Now, My father sister nominated her heirs through registered will and RTC has been changed in their childrens name. But partition is not done till now.
Now allmost 62 years in our possession, their one son threatening saying that he will bring SI (Police) and put the fencing backyard (we have 30 coconut trees, cultivating Black Pepper etc). We also have a overhead water tank installed at the boundary of this land which supply water to our house. We have our own water well also.
We have offered 8 lakhs till now as a compensation to get the title in our name but they are demanding 25 Lakhs.
Your valued suggestion will be highly appreciated.

 0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query