LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jes2840 (na)     24 November 2009


My exhusband was a muslim he expired when my son was 3 yrs old since I am a christian I baptised my son and changed his name froma muslim name to christian name after 5yrs I remarried and my husband is a christian and a divrocee and has two children from his previous marriage and we have a daughter from our current marriage..I wanted to know can my husband adopt my son or...what should I do so that my son has equal rights to his step fathers property as his other kids (christian law does not recognize adoption)


 5 Replies

Hardik Mehta (Family Counsellor)     24 November 2009


If the Christian Law does not recoginize adoption, then your husband can file the gurdianship under Gurdians and Wards Act. After getting the Gurdianship, he can make the will to have the equal rights of the property as other children. This way the purpose of the matter can be solved.

jes2840 (na)     25 November 2009

Thank u so much for ur more question does the will has to be registered or renewed every year....

Hardik Mehta (Family Counsellor)     25 November 2009


The will needs to be registered, but not to be renewed every year. When the husband wants change the will, he will have to make the new will, he will have to give the reference of the old will to be cancled and new will to be taken place. This new will needs to be registered again.

jes2840 (na)     25 November 2009

thank you very much for ur advice....

jes2840 (na)     25 November 2009

I have another question sir....My husband before getting married to me transferred all his property, money, everything his exwife as alimony (one time sttlement)..and security for his kids....If he does not make a will can his kids still claim..when they beome major...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query