LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishal   22 August 2022

Adjacent house aggrieved by new built up floors by builder

Dear Legal Fraternity, 

I am owner of a house in Palam Vihar Gurgaon, Haryana for over 30 yrs, A DEFENSE WIDOW and a senior citizen. A builder has bought a adjacent plot and building 4 storey floors to be sold in future. Builder is about to put his 1 st Lantil in his plot but it has already affected the walls of my house with a small patch of leakage though i had reminded him  to be very careful so that there is no leakage which comes into my house. My walls were absolutely great before the builders  building started to be constructed.

Though, he has built a separate wall but still the leakage came and I am afraid as the building will progress , it will cause further damage to walls of my house. I am a defense widow and do not have funds to repair and make it leakage proof my house with no fault of mine . but the builder seems to give me false promises with some pretext to make it waterproof in future.

I seek your legal advise as to whom to approach , is it DTCP OR GURGAON Municipality or Gurgaon Courts to address my distress.

Also, on the other side of my house, a new house was built by sharing the common wall but it been almost 1 year of completion and it has also damaged my walls, almirahs, cabinets extensively  and I have photographs to prove it . How can i make the owner pay for all the damages done on the other side of my house.

It looks like I have been sandwiched and made to pay for all damages for no fault of mine and is causing me extreme distress. I live on a half pension from Indian Air Force as my Husband is no  more and all these people are causing me severe distress and anxiety.

Pls find a memo from DTCP on builders building 4 floors and the aggrieved party in July 2022. 

I request you to kindly advise me the way forward to come out of this situation.



Veena Dilawari



 1 Replies

Anusha Sharma   25 August 2022

Dear Veena

If you are looking for compensation, you can opt for civil court and you can file a case under Nuisance of Law of Torts. Don't worrry, you've the right amount of proof and you will find a way out 



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query