FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

legaljoe68 (member)     15 June 2015

Addition of new section after submission of police report i

That I had filed an privagte complaint of  criminal defmation under section 499 punishable under section 500 IPC. The complaint was sent for investigstion under section 202 on the basis of the documents.The Police has submitted its report and has recorded the statements of the accused. Since the defamatory letter contained the ingredients of section 509 ( as I am a female) I had submitted an application for addition of section 509 in subject title and prayer. The Magistrate is seeking provisions of law (crpc) under which I had made the prayer to add section 509. the matter is at issuance of process stage and no order has been passed. 

please guide and if possibe provide provisions if any available or citations avialable


 2 Replies

Rajesh (Student)     16 June 2015

Hello Friend,

In my opinion, best thing is to say that you are filing protest  petition against the police report.

Protest petition are accepted in the court, however i am not aware under which section of CRPC.

hope it gives you some relief, however further information could be provided by experts available on this forum.

legaljoe68 (member)     10 November 2018

Nothing happens, please show me one case where the person has been convicted in criminal defamation, try something else

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query