addition in joint holder property due to death

Hello sir,

We have a joint holder property and the second holder has expired and currently there is an ongoing housing loan on the property and now we wish to add the another name in second holder. Society is not formed as it is still with the builder please let me know the procedure to add second holder in the same,


Dear Mr. Chetan,

You have to get legal heirship certificate from court thereafter legal heirs can transfer the share to another person.



Reply Mumbai : 9820174108

1. IF the Agreement to Sale is not registered, THEN obtain "NOC" from Bank to transfer Loan liability to single holder /mulitple holder, by giving proper undertaking /indemnity bond.

2. Based on the Bank NOC, register the property in single /multiple name.  IF this is not possible, THEN (if property is in mumbai) THEN obtain "Letter of Administration" from Mumbai High Court, for the needful, before any other legal procedures.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu