Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

majeti (director)     08 October 2015

Accident causing a death

Dear all eminent lawyers,

On 5th oct. 2015, my very close relative expired by accident while he was walking on the main road 

on canntonment  road at secunderabad telengana state. A cement/concrete electrical pole fell on his head while we was walking and he died instantaneously on the spot.

Police visited within a few minutes and called his relative who came and took the body to the gandhi hospital and did the postmortam etc..and took the body.

This pole was in a very bad shape for quite a long and some of the repair guys pulled some wire which was lying on the top of this pole and suddently this pole fell on this person. It looks that the nearby socities complained about this pole and some other poles along this road for their misarable conditions and no one bother to take a note of this.

The electrical pole is of Telengana state electricity board and is in fixed in a cantonment area.

God along knows the responsibility of this pole. The next day the news flasshed in all leading news papers with BUG passing on each other.

KINDLY LET ME KNOW WHERE TO LODGE THE CASE /COMPLAINT AND WHAT AMOUNT CAN BE  CLAIMED AS COMPENSASION. 

This gentle man has recently retired from the post of a manager in andhra bank.

thanking you in advance.

Learning

4 Replies

SAIKRISHNAVOBILISETTI (ADVOCATE)     08 October 2015

Hello Sir,

I'm Very sorry for that accident caused to your friend and I express my deep codolence.

In my opinion its is the sole resposibility is on the ELECTRICITY BOARD of Telanga State. 

It is its duty to check regualarly wheather all the electric poles and cables are in good condition or not through a Filed Officer

So it is better to forward a complaint under Section 190 CRPC to a nearest Magistrate U/S 304A as it is purely a negligent act of the Officer incharge of that area. And Yes you can also claim compensation of minimum Rs.10,00,000.

Actually there is no prescribed amount to claim as compensation. It all depends upon the person's  living status, his family members lifestyle etc.

You also need to file the photographs of the broken poll, ( The way in which the accident occured)

photos of the dead body at the scene where the accident occured,

2 to 4 witnesses to speak about the electric poll,

postmortem report etc.

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     09 October 2015

Expressing deep concern over the tragedy, i am  of the opinion, to file suit for damages against government rather a criminal complaint.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     10 October 2015

Agreed with above views.

majeti (director)     10 October 2015

Dear mr. sudhir,

thanks a lot and i am working on similar lines. to start with i have logged a complaint with lokadalat at secunderabad.

i will update the progress.

thanks once again

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register