Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anonymus (Manager)     26 March 2014

Absconding from it/kpo comny dueto unreal demand of compny

Hi,

I am employeed with one of the reputed IT & KPO (Knowledge Process Outsourcing) Organisation for 2 months now. At the time of joining there was a cluse in my appointment letter which says " I will have to either serve a notice of period of 6 months or will have to pay six months gross salary if I resigned before 1 year. Not all employess have this clause.

I singed the document at that time ( big mistake !) since did not thought of leaving before one year. However, situation is quite worst now. The organisation does not have any projects in hand and I am sitting ideal for 2 months now. I have been hearing only false promises for management that there are projects in pipeline but nothing is materialising.

I have another offer in hand but neither any company will wait for 6 months nor I can pay gross salary for six months. I am asking them to release me at earliest as I dont have any project.  But they are asking me to serve 6 month notice or the gross salary of 6 months.

I am not sure what to do. What will happen if I abscond (after stating these details in my resignation and then leave) ?

Will there be any legal action they could take against me?

Will they blacklist me in NASSCOM or is there any such list maintained in NASSCOM?

P.S. I am still in probation period. it is of 6 months.

Request your advice please . Thanks.

Learning

1 Replies

Kapil Gupta (Advocate)     26 March 2014

You should talk to your seniors in this regard. This is the case of your employer and you. He has the right to retain you if he is giving you the appropriate package.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register