LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Looking for answers (owner)     06 December 2013

about loan default

Dear All I had availed of a loan by mortgaging my flat to buy some machines for my clinic. bank in question is bank of maharashtra. But due setback in business, i was not able to pay the emi's and account is almost npa. i had asked for a grace of few days from manager, who is almost coming to my clinic daily, but he says tbat if i don't pay up within a day or two,he will seal the property and start the process of recovery through DRT. What i need to know is that is the sarfesai act not applicable in this case? I am expecting some money from a source in next few days and am planning to clear the loan altogether. can the manager seal off my flat like that without applying sarfesai act? Thank you in advance.

Learning

1 Replies

Hardeep (Business)     08 December 2013

AFAIK, SARFAESI Act is increasingly becoming the " preferred mode " for recovery with various Banks,

DRT is a longer procedure - court intervention etc...

Putting some data here  fyi

Re sealing / takeover of course the procedure will have to be followed. ...depends upon where you are..Bank would try to recover 3-4 months have passed without an EMI and  loan has become an NPA. You would be getting notices accordingly.

Disclaimer : General Information above is provided without any warranties as to suitability for any use, correctness and application to any specific case. Please always take proper legal counsel .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register