LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kiran   08 October 2019

about divorce

I have one friend he had been married in 2010 and staying 2 years as a husband wife relationships and from last 6 years his wife is not with that person and no any type of contact also. so now he want to divorce or want any order from court for another marriage or want to free from that women.


 3 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     08 October 2019

divorce can be filled after serving legal notice to wife.
1 Like

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     08 October 2019

If he is Hindu by Faith and marries without divorcing his first wife    he will be prosecuted for bigamy;

Even if his relationship lasted for   just a single day he got qualified as Married.

Bigamy is punishable offence in india and he should initiate ti file for divorce before getting in another trap


1 Like

RAVI SRIVASTAVA (ADVOCATE)     08 October 2019

You can approach to your friends wife through your friend for mutual divorce u/s 13-b of Hindu marriage Act. If it is not possible then you can file Divorce petition in family court.
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query