LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     06 September 2008

Wanna join a trek

I was planning a trek and just thought a few fellow members may like to join. Lawyers can be adventurous too.

TREK TO TRIUND/INDRADHAR PASS

This is a self organised trek- every person has to assist in organising the trek. I am looking for a group of 8 persons- a few more or less does not matter. We are planning to leave Delhi in the night of 26th September (Friday). We will reach Mcleodganj on 27th. We will have a day or two there and visit Dalai Lama Place and other places of interest in Mcleaodganj & Dharmashala.

We will start trek on 29th-

DAY 1: On first day we will go to Triund-  Triund (2975 mts.)- 9 Kms., it takes 3 hours to reach Triund. Closest views of Dhauladhar. Enjoy the sun set.  We will stay in the forest Bunglaw.

DAY 2: On day two (30.09.2008)-Triund- Lahesh Cave(3350 mts.)- 7 kms., the journey takes 3 hours, the Lahesh Cave. The trek cross all along Illaqa Gote (local name of galacier base, snow line).

DAY 3:  On day 3 (01.10.2008)-Lahesh Cave- Chatta Parao(over Indrahara Pass- 4350 mts.), 3-4 hours steep and taxiing climb, this is the most frequented pass.

Day 4 (2.10.2008)- Chatta Parao- Kwarsi (2730 mts.)- 18 kms., Kwarsi is a beautiful tribal village. In Kwarsi there is  a trekkers hut, where we can stay in night.

Day 5 (3.10.2008)- Kwarsi- Lamu & Choli villages- 14 kms., steep descent , and narrow paths at few places. The trek joins the bus road below lamu village or near Choli village. We will take a jeep etc. an reach Chamba.

We can stay in Chamba for a day and start for Delhi on 4th or 5th, reaching delhi next day.

In the trek, we are using 2 weekends and public holiday of 2nd october- hence least loss of working days. There is a Regional Mountaineering Institute in Macleadoganj, from where we will get further information, guide and porters. Every person will carry his/her rucksack- porters will carry tents, food provisions and some other necessary things. To go to Macleadganj, we are planning to take a Himachal Tourism bus (11 hrs journey).  Persons from outside delhi can reach Mcleaodganj directly- if they choose so. Pathankot is the nearest rail head on broad guage.

Well, this is the tentative plan but final plan will be decided by the group. The trek will not cost much as it is self organised. Inputs from fellow group members is welcome.

Interested members may write to me at rk1771@gmail.com

Learning

6 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     06 September 2008

Rajesh, that sounds very exciting, but am here in Nagaland: In fact we are also plnning to go for hunting,fishing etc one of these days!

Great. I was alos planning to a trek in North east, may be next time.

I keep coming to North east, Gauhati- Shillong- agartala for work. U know there is whole lot of disputes regarding excise exmeption notification in north east.

N ur questions are very intelligent. Nice to know u.

law & adventure go together. In fact every legal issue is an adventurous challenge.

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     08 September 2008

I need confirmation by 10th of this month.

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     09 September 2008

We will be a group of 10-12 persons, consisting of engineers, lawyers, accountants, self employed persons etc. There will be 7-8 guys and 3-4 gals.

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     10 September 2008

We are leaving on 26th sep, late evening.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More