Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ravi (Eng)     01 December 2016

Vakalatnama & my presence

Hi,

I am fighting a maintenence case filed against me by my wife.

I was not satisfied with the work of previous lawyer. So, recently, I changed the lawyer.

Also, as I live in a different city for job, I can not attend next few dates of this case.

So, do I need to be present in person in court to notify the court of my new lawyer? OR

is it sufficient, if my new lawyer submits my signed vakalatnama in my absence?

Kindly, advise.

Learning

9 Replies

Sachin (N.A)     01 December 2016

Vakalatnama is sufficient.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : ravi
Hi,

I am fighting a maintenence case filed against me by my wife.

I was not satisfied with the work of previous lawyer. So, recently, I changed the lawyer.

Also, as I live in a different city for job, I can not attend next few dates of this case.

So, do I need to be present in person in court to notify the court of my new lawyer? OR

is it sufficient, if my new lawyer submits my signed vakalatnama in my absence?

Kindly, advise.

Before courts used to accept the vakalath even if petitioner was not present. 

Now courts wont accept  vakalath in absence of the petitioner.  Valid address proof like aadhar card or driving license need to be accompanied with the petitioner while the advocate files vakalath in the court.  This has been done basically because few crooks simply take fees, signature on vakalath paper and wont file case at all.  If you have simply signed vakalath papers, paid fees to advocate, check again with your advocate if he has  actually filed case.  Don’t trust your advocate on this.

Mukesh sharma (job )     01 December 2016

Hi Ravi if you could not present in court and yu have been changed lawyer so you give signature vakalatnaama.

and your lawyer do all work for you and if you did not present than your lawyer present in court and your lawyer update to you , all your case status 

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Sachin
Vakalatnama is sufficient.

Non-legal members like you dont have any knowledge about law, who having your own legal problems unsolved and advising others on the forum?  Stop giving advise when you r itself stuck in mouse trap.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=144806&offset=1

Sachin (N.A)     02 December 2016

@useless hand

No reply to idiots like you.

Don't need your useless advice.

ravi (Eng)     02 December 2016

Thank you all for expressing your opinions!!!

But still there is no unanimous single answer.

Sachin (N.A)     02 December 2016

Originally posted by : ravi
Thank you all for expressing your opinions!!!

But still there is no unanimous single answer.

Me and other member Mr Mukesh sharma has adviced you samething which is correct.

Avoid those who are Hunting clients here.

1 Like

ravi (Eng)     02 December 2016

ok.. thank you, sachin..

sai narayana   04 December 2016

What our Sachin said is absolutely right that you have absolute right to appoint new advocate without any compulsion of NOC. Latest Karnataka HC judgment below. https://www.livelaw.in/karnataka-hc-asks-registries-accept-vakalatnama-new-advocates-without-insisting-noc-previous-ones-read-order/

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More