LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ravi nsipid   14 February 2019

Transfer of property through will

My Distant Relation written will on my father's name and on my name as his independent will be ours after his death . it has been two years since he died now . I want tor transfer that property on my name as my father is not interested in claiming that property . what's the process to claim that property

Learning

4 Replies

Suhail suhail (LAWYER)     14 February 2019

If the will is also  in your fathers name then you  should own the poperty first  through the medium   of will ,then your  father  can transfer his share in your favour; Make sure you adopt proper way to get the title or you would be sseking other remidies about your own mistakes...

Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to reply my query sir. I do not know the procedure to claim that property I mean what are the documents I have to submit now to get it registered or mutation done onto my name

Suhail suhail (LAWYER)     14 February 2019

If ther are no sharholders from teststor's (who made the will) side, and the will is registerd you can simplly take the document to the concerned Tehsild or revenue officer and get the mutation .If there are share holders then you need to get the will probated through the court.

There are no any other share holders than my father who is not interested in claiming that property so I want to transfer that property through will . Have I take his written note as he is not interested in taking that property and I have no clue on how to execute it .. What are the documents required at the sub registrar office and what are documents for mutation done at municipal office ? Please clear me in detail

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register