LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jhon   16 March 2019

Transfer of pattadar passbook

My grand father(late) had an agriculture field of 2 acker He had 3 sons and 7 grand sons.... The total field was on the name of my grand father.... Now my grand mother was willing to give the whole field to his 3 Rd son only..... my question is .. is It possible to get a PATTADAR PASSBOOK on the name of my grand mother.... And use it as to transfer all the field to the 3rd son without interference of the reamaining 2sons &grand sons,even signature also..???

Learning

2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     17 March 2019

Contact a local advocate and issue notice to all concerned co-sharers seeking partition of the property and take precautions before it is too late.  Everything is possible in India and one should take early precautions to avoid such risks.

P. Venu (Advocate)     17 March 2019

On the death of the grandfather, the property that is left intestae is jointly vested with the legal heirs, i.e the grandmother and all the children. None of them can be divested of their share in the property unless they, their own motion, relinquish the same. A mere entry in the pattadar pass is not absolute as to title.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More