LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gurpreet Singh   19 February 2019

Succession in absence of no will

Not sure if my first posting worked here as didn't get any notification hence posting the query again.

Would first like to give you all a background of the family so as to understand how it relates to the current situation we are in. My Grandparents had 3 sons (including my father) and a daughter, all of them except my Chacha and Bua, passed away. Uncle isn't married and Bua's husband passed away a while back.

Now to the problem and I am seeking help for and a question. We have agricultural lands which are still showing in my Grandfather's name and was never transferred over to anyone else after he passed away 10 years back, this now because of absence of a will is in dispute after Grandmother passed away recently. My Chacha and Bua are claiming full ownership of the land as well as the money left behind in the bank account and are denying my mother her rights bestowed upon by law, for being widow of my father.

This claim by them I understand is illegal as what I understood from the laws I read, land as well as other things in such scenarios should by law be distributed equally amongst the successful heirs, my mother being one. Is this correct, if yes then how do I proceed ahead for my mother's rights ?

Learning

1 Replies

Gurpreet Singh   20 February 2019

It was his self acquired / bought land and the account money is left in, is my grandmother's and the money in it was from the income she had from the farms.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More