Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

JAGADEESH GOVIND (ADVOCATE)     01 December 2010

Stamp paper and property

Dear Sir,

I had entered  a license Deed for the propety in kerala with a company locates in Chennai.The execution of the license deed was takenplace in Chennai as the Licensee 's office at Chennai.Hence we have used stamp paper from Chennai.

Kindly advice whether the Tamil Nadu stamp paper used in this case for licensing the property located in Kerala is leaglly correct or not.

Regards

Jagadeesh

Learning

3 Replies

Darshan Panchal (Advocate)     01 December 2010

question of out of state stamp may arise. However, it won't render document of leave and license invalid or illegal.

(Guest)

There is no transfer of property in this matter.  Moreover the registered office has invoking  jurisdiction to chennai only.  So the stamp paper purchased is valid.  The courts in chennai has got jurisdiction for adjudication  regarding termination or dispute regarding license

RENISH RAO (ADVOCATE)     02 December 2010

As our learned members have rightly opined, further in my opinion, I found the relevant provisins in Gujarat Stamps Act are applicable, hope specific provisions in this regard would be applicable as per State Stamp Act in Kerala too. Hence, suggest to check the State Stamp Act applicable in Kerala for more clarification.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More