Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sunil   06 November 2015

Single to joint ownership of property

Hello Experts,

Request suggestion.

My mother-in-law had purchased a site by her own earnings about 20 years back in bangalore. About 4 years back she has gifted half the portion of the site to my wife through registered gift deed. After all documents has been transfered to my Wife's name, we had constructed a house by taking loan from bank and i have been the co-borrower along with my wife. Since my wife is a house wife i am paying all the EMI's to bank through my salary.
Since i am not an co-owner of the property i am not able to get the income tax benifit for the house loan. Kindly request your suggestion on how to add my name  as the co-owner of the property so that i can take the income tax benifit.

Regards

Sunil

Learning

3 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     06 November 2015

In that case she need To gift a part of the property to you to make you the coowner for you to avail the tax benefit

saravanan s (legal advisor)     06 November 2015

In that case she need To gift a part of the property to you to make you the coowner for you to avail the tax benefit

Sunil   06 November 2015

Thanks Mr. Saravanan for the quick response.

Two more questions

How to make the gift deed for a constructed building ? Is it gift some floor of the building or just ratio (50 %) on undivided part of the land and building ?

Also Do i need to take any approval from Bank before i proceed.

Regards

Sunil

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More