LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

raja   25 January 2017

Shia muslim seeking divorce

Hello, I am Shia muslim residing in Mumbai. Myself and my wife are seeking a divorce.

1) I want to understand the procedure / formalities to seek divorce.

2) As this is of mutual consent would my wife or her parents have rights to ask for any settlement amounts as this is mutual consent

3) would my wife have any rights to any of my assets can she ask for the same as in our case we both are mutually seeking so there should be no such things

4) Does my wife have rights to seek divorce or only as a husband i have the power to revoke or invoke

5) lastly how do i ensure that the divorce paper made by them safe guards me as well for any future inconveniences, 

i need your help ASAP so please guide

Learning

1 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : raja
Hello, I am Shia muslim residing in Mumbai. Myself and my wife are seeking a divorce.

1) I want to understand the procedure / formalities to seek divorce.

2) As this is of mutual consent would my wife or her parents have rights to ask for any settlement amounts as this is mutual consent

3) would my wife have any rights to any of my assets can she ask for the same as in our case we both are mutually seeking so there should be no such things

4) Does my wife have rights to seek divorce or only as a husband i have the power to revoke or invoke

5) lastly how do i ensure that the divorce paper made by them safe guards me as well for any future inconveniences, 

i need your help ASAP so please guide

You need to contact able counsel locally who deals with matrimonial matters.  Case need to be filed under SMA and divorce should be taken via mutual consent (preferably) so that both parties dont waste time and money securing legal divorce.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register