Reply to summons

I have been married since past 10 yrs , but living separetly from my wife since past 4 years . While married I was staying in Bangalore with my wife but thereafter I have  migrated to  West-Bengal to be with my parents.

 My wife has filed plaint for divorce in Bangalore and I have recieved 5 summons till now asking me to appear at family court in Bangalore.

I am unable to travel to bangalore due to my mothers illness , father expired around 1 year ago.

1) Can I reply directely to court explaning them the cause of my absence

2) Can my lawyer from Bengal reply to the court  in Bangalore by registered post / Does he need to physically  appear 

3) Do I need to contact lawyer in Bangalore and ask him to appear on my behalf


Please guide





You have to appear before court, you may appoint banglore or west bengal advocate.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu