Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vish (dsadsd)     19 July 2010

LLB admission(3 Yrs) - age limit relaxed?

Looks like the upper age limit for 3 years LLB admission courses relaxed.  

A govt. notification in Kerala points at this point as given below.

2. Eligibility for Admission

(iii) Age: There is no upper age limit for admission to the 3 year LL.B Course.

https://www.cee-kerala.org/ll3/2010/appl/enoti.pdf Regds, Vish

Learning

11 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     19 July 2010

You are right. There is no age limit now.

Vish (dsadsd)     19 July 2010

Mr.Rajkumar,

Can you please point me at a judgement or a supreme court stay/ruling in this regard?  The last news on this is about 60 high court cases are transferred to Supreme court
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India/BCI-seeks-transfer-of-60-pleas-to-SC-on-LLB-eligibility/articleshow/6139760.cms

Thanks in advance!

Regds,

Vish

O. Mahalakshmi (Law practiece)     19 July 2010

very good news

Dr Matin A Khan (MGM Medical College Jamshedpur)     20 February 2012

1.Can any body  let me know if the Hon'ble Supreme Court has given any verdict on the issue of decreasing the age bar for admission in  LLB course?

2. Can any provide the information on the High Court ruling which has stayed the Bar Council of India's directives to stop people of more than age of 30 years getting admissio into LLB ? 

3. Can on the basis of this stay order ,any body take admission in LLB ?

May get answered by our Lawyer friends !

Thanks

Dr M A Khan

Ambuj Sharma (Astt. Prof.)     13 June 2013

would you please provide sitation of supreme court judgement on relexsation of upper age limit in LL.B. and B.A. LL.B.

Dr Matin A Khan (MGM Medical College Jamshedpur)     29 September 2013

Dear Dr Ambuj Sharma 

Greetings!

I have found certain news items which I have found in different newspapers which say that Age bar of 30 years for admission in LLB has been removed by Bar Council of India itself . Can you the authenticity of these news items ?

Attached are the news items in WORD .

DR M A KHAN

JAMSHEDPUR

Attached File : 996505242 llb relaxation.docx downloaded: 601 times

Dr Matin A Khan (MGM Medical College Jamshedpur)     29 September 2013

UPPER AGE LIMIT OF 30 WITHDRWAN BY BAR COUNCIL OF INDIA

1.       https://www.dailypioneer.com/avenues/age-no-bar-for-llb.html

Wednesday, 18 September 2013 | Pioneer

The Bar Council Of India has withdrawn the age restriction to take admission in law courses.The students are allowed to take admissions in colleges/universities in five year LLB or three year LLM with out any age limit.

This rule has immediately made applicable by Monad University. Before this rule, the age limit for the general category for the LLB Course was 30 years and for SC/ST and OBC, the age limit was 35 years.

Mian Jaan, vice chancellor of Monad University said: “Bar Council Of India has specified that under Rule Of Legal Education 2008, clause 28 schedule 3 of 2nd rule of legel education, has no age limit for the students. Now the students can take admission in law courses without any age obligations.”The Bar Council Of India has withdrawn the age limit for BA LLB and BBA LLB (five Years) and LLB (three Years) courses.

2.       https://monaduniversity.com/law.php

Bar Council of India vide its resolution no 200/2013 has allowed the University / Law collages to taken admission in LAW 5 years / 3 Years without age restriction. Accordingly, the LAW Collage, Monad University has lifted the age restriction of 20 years and 30 years to admission in LL.B 5 years and 3 years respectively.

3.       https://codepattern.net/Blog/post/2013/08/14/maximum-age-restriction-for-LLB-course-in-India

25-Sept-13 | Update : Good News for all learners. Now, there is no age restriction for taking admission in LLB course. The BCI has uplifted its upper age restriction for LLB courses. This amendment will be officially publish in government gadgets soon. You can refer Amar Ujala Newspaper update also.  - See more at: https://codepattern.net/Blog/post/2013/08/14/maximum-age-restriction-for-LLB-course-in-India#sthash.a0XZGhQR.dpuf

1.   https://www.amarujala.com/news/states/uttar-pradesh/no-age-bar-for-llb-course/

एलएलबी कोर्स के लिए उम्र की बाधा हटी   ब्यूरो  बुधवार, 25 सितंबर 2013  अमर उजाला, इलाहाबाद

Updated @ 12:42 PM IST

Descripttion: no age bar for llb course

आयु अधिक होने के कारण विधि की शिक्षा प्राप्त करने से वंचित हुए लोगों के लिए अच्छी खबर है।

बार काउंसिल ऑफ इंडिया (बीसीआई) ने एलएलबी कोर्स में दाखिला लेने के लिए आयु सीमा के प्रतिबंध को हटा लिया है। इससे अब इच्छुक लोग किसी भी आयु के हों पाठ्यक्रम में दाखिला ले सकेंगे।

बार काउंसिल ऑफ उत्तर प्रदेश के अध्यक्ष अजय शुक्ला के मुताबिक उनकी ओर से उठाई गई मांग पर बीसीआई ने लीगल एजूकेशन रूल्स 2008 के शेड्यूल तीन क्लाज 11 को वापस ले लिया है।

इस नियम के द्वारा तीन वर्षीय विधि पाठ्यक्रम में प्रवेश के लिए अधिकतम आयुसीमा तीस वर्ष और पांच वर्षीय विधि पाठ्यक्रम के लिए अधिकतम आयु बीस वर्ष निर्धारित की थी।

बार काउंसिल के इस नियम से अधिक आयु में एलएलबी करने के इच्छुक लोग वंचित रह जा रहे थे।

हाईकोर्ट ने इस संबंध में एक याचिका पर सुनवाई करते हुए बीसीआई के इस नियम पर रोक लगा थी, जिसे सुप्रीमकोर्ट में एसएलपी दाखिल कर चुनौती दी गई थी लेकिन अब बीसीआई ने स्वयं नियमों में परिवर्तन करते हुए यह व्यवस्था समाप्त कर दी है।

संशोधित नियमावली को राजकीय गजट में प्रकाशित करने के लिए सरकार को भेजा गया है।

बीसीआई के इस निर्णय का अजय शुक्ला और उपाध्यक्ष जानकी शरण पांडेय के अलावा अन्य बार काउंसिल सदस्यों ने भी स्वागत किया है।

E. Maheshvhar (Advocate)     22 October 2013

Sir

Tamil Nadu Bar Council is not enrolling the law graduate who crossed 35 years at the time of admission in 2010,

No we are waiting for enrollment , but they are rejecting our enrollment

Please help us by uploading The Bar Council of India resolution no. 200/2013

So that it will help us for enrollment

Dr Matin A Khan (MGM Medical College Jamshedpur)     22 October 2013

Dear  Mr E.Maheshvhar 

Greetings!

We are sorry that you are facing difficulties in getting admission in LLB .

Pl find the desired The Bar Council of India resolution no. 200/2013 hope this will be of some use to you.

Pl reply to my mailid mak5962@hotmail.com

Thanks

DR M. A .KHAN

Attached File : 786112290 kolkata high court.docx downloaded: 429 times

Satish Shankar Deshpande (Retired customs Superintendent)     01 December 2013

I am retired central Govt. gazetted officer. I got my B,COM degree from  Mumbai University in 1980. However I secured just  pass class then.  As per new rules 45% marks at graduation level is mandatory. .In natural course of justice  BCCI ought to have given  dead line for  for getting admission  to law college to those who were likely to be adversely affected for getting admission to Law College due to age limit or 45 mandatory marks at graduation level  as per  implementation of New Rules.

Satish Shankar Deshpande (Retired customs Superintendent)     01 December 2013

I am retired central Govt. gazetted officer. I got my B,COM degree from  Mumbai University in 1980. However I secured just  pass class then.  As per new rules 45% marks at graduation level is mandatory. .In natural course of justice  BCCI ought to have given  dead line for  for getting admission  to law college to those who were likely to be adversely affected for getting admission to Law College due to age limit or 45 mandatory marks at graduation level  as per  implementation of New Rules.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More