Query to get perpetual injunction order

Dear Sir /Madam, greetings of the day !

There was an existing state high way with a total of132 feet widdth; the State Govt & Central Govt has taken a decision to upgrade such highway to National Highway. The state Govt. wants to upgrade to NH to avoid burden of laying and maintaining the present road. Due to which, the National High way Authority of India (NHAI) wants to design by pass roads for certain towns and through certain lands owned by private farmers. The farmers are not willing to give their lands to the Govt (NHAI) for designing the Bypass road since it is only their livelihood. Certain agents of the NHAI & private parties entering the farming fields without any intimation to the concerned land owners and laying stones and laying peck marking and surveying through the lands. The farmers are finding difficult to resist them. Presently the farmers are frightened about their lands and livelihood they earn through the farming. As such there is connectivity between the starting and ending point of the proposed road project. Is there any judicial remedy(perpetual injunction order through WP or PIL or both ) to stop the said by pass road project and confine the NHAI to the present existing 132 feet road without disturbing the owner ship of the farmers in the proposed by pass project. Your opinion is deeply appreciated. This would help the farmers to avail legal remedy and further help the farming community to lead their farming to earn their lively hood . With best regards, moinuddin


It appears that land acquisition proceddings have been set in motion. Please verify.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu