LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chetan Padm (law)     14 June 2013

Protection from daughter in law

I am 75 year old man. I have my property in delhi. The property is self earned and I have complete and clear title in my name.

I have 2 sons living with me in my house . They live along with thier wife and children respectively.

I am fed up with my sons and daugther in law fighting over with each other.

I have told my both sons to move out of my house with thier wife and children so that I can live peacefully.

They are not ready to vacate the house, specially my elder daughter in law, who even filed 498A and domestic voilance complaint on me and also secured right to residence at her husband (my son is living with me)

My daughter in law want to get seperated from my elder son and wants share in my property.

I am old, weak and ailing from old age diseases.

I want to disown my sons and kick them out of my house for good at this stage of my life.

I know my DIL does not have any share in my property and her right of residence and maintenance is responsibility of her husband not me.

Please guide me...How do I do it and under what provisions and can make my sons and their wifes vacate my house for even and for good.

regards,

Hardayal singh

Learning

3 Replies

Ranee....... (NA)     15 June 2013

if your son lives with you then his wife will also stay with you. Disown sons and send legal notice to them to vacate your property.

Prashant Ghai (Advocate) (PrashantGhai.com)     15 June 2013

Yes, you can not oust your DIL(s) as long as your son is residing with you. Disown your sons via notification in a leading newspaper and like @Ranee suggested, send them a legal notice to vacate the premises with all their belongings (including their wives).

advocateprashantghai.com

Harsh (Manager)     16 June 2013

@sir,

my suggn may not be the best; but as long as you have your property your greedy kin will not let you live in peace. how can you tell if your second daughter in law also wont file a DV case or other?

why dont you think of quietly disposing off your property? sell it and keep your money in a bank. dont tell anyone about it. sell it 'secretly'.

if you have any emotional attachment, just let go; be more practical. once you sell it, its over for them. let them bang their heads on the wall.

you can try to move near or with someone that you trust (your siblings, brother etc.).

fighting legally with advocate, lawyers, notice, case etc. is just too much of a pain for you at your age and it is not worth it.

spend your time peacefully - eat and be merry.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More