LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Balaji   03 October 2017

Property succeeded from is inherited or selfacquired status

Sirs,My mother died in 2012 and she left a will in my name for a property.I have a sister for whom she made a separate settlement.I got a release deed from my sister and my dad and registered it in my name.I would like to know the property i have acquired is it inherited or self acquired staus?Thanks

Learning

6 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     03 October 2017

It is inherited property which have drawn from yopur mother.

(Guest)

As per your mother's property, as she had categorically willed it to you, it is yours now. No doubts on that.

As regards legal status of inherited property, if, in the release deed it is categorically mentioned that your sister has forfeited all her undivided rights in the property, then that property would become your self-acquired property, as she has relinquished all her rights, titles and interests in your favour.

Consult a lawyer for clearing any further confusions.

manoj   03 October 2017

Hi balaji i had citation you want call me at cell no 8686159292. but it will be given on cost 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 October 2017

The property that is acquired by purchase from own resources, WILL, release/relinquishment/settlement/decree of court/partition …. is of nature self acquired.

What is the opinion of your own LOCAL lawyer that has seen all docs on record

Krishna. Advocate (Advocate)     03 October 2017

It is your self acquired property. It is not ancestral property

Amritesh Mishra (Advocate)     06 June 2020

In my opinion it is not inherited property as Hindu Succession act applies when a hindu dies inestate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More