LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramiah R (S/W engineer)     31 August 2010

Property selling

I would like to know if I can sell my property that is self acquired (bought in 2004) and I filed for divorce in 2006 (in Madurai) after which I was charged with Dowry harrasment, Domestic Violence, Conjuctial rights, maintenance cases were thrusted upon me. I have been fighting my divorce for almost 5 years and travelling between Bangalore and Madurai. I dont see any sigh of hope in that getting over sooner. I have a son from my first marriage whom I have not seen since last 4 years. I made one attempt to meet my son in school, but there was a police complaint against me. Couple of questions to start with...

1. Can I sell the self acquired property that is in my name even though she had submitted a copy of the sale deed to the court? I also understand the fact that any self acquired property is solely my rights to sell it or gift it to anybody I want to. But with my son, and copy of sale deed submitted in teh court can I still do it?

2. What is the fastest way to be able to have visitation rights for my son as I am also fighting out a custody battle for my son?

Appreciate your help and guidance on this

Thanks

Ramiah

Learning

2 Replies

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     31 August 2010

1. yes.

2.Do it as suggested by Mr Prabhakar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register