Propert Documnet damaged

Hi Good morning,

I have a property in chennai, we are residing more than 29 years in the place, unfortunately termite damged my  original property doc, we have photocopy of that documnet, the land not register yet in my name, Iam paying propert tax in my name. is it possible to get the new doc? is it so where I need to get that one.

Thank U


So far as damaged document is concerned, u can obtain certified copy of the same by applying to the Sub-Registrar's office if the document is a registered one. After registration, originals are given back to the parties and registry based on their record issue certified copies. So far as ur name not having been mutataed in records, get it urgently as it will create lot of probs for you at the time of sale. When u propose to sell the property u can give a declaration cum indemnity to the purchaser that indeed the original is damaged and it is no where mortgaged nor any security has been created thereon.


Thanks for spending your valubale time for my question Darshan,

My question is damaged property document not registered yet, The property document is 29 years old, I have photocopy of this documnet, Is it possible to register the document in subregister office using the photocopy and damaged property document?




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu