LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lakshmankumar Nair (Owner)     06 December 2012

Pagdi system

I am tenant of Pagdi System since 1975 without agreement , pagdi receipt and rent receipt. Landlord sent a demand notice of eviction and recovery of rent since 1975 . Demand notice was in a fictitious name but I accepted and replied informing my correct name and contested  Landlord filed the suit in fictitious name. I didnt attend the proceeding initially hence exparte, exparte cleared but he didn't changed the demand notice fictitious name and court proceeding was also in fictitious name. I couldn't deposit the rent in court because of fictitious name till 1st day of hearing. As an when he confirmed that I haven't deposited rent in court. He changed the fictitious name to my original name. I remained default of rent till judgement in trial court. Trial court decreed of eviction as I didn't deposited the rent in court before first day of hearing, appeal court confirmed the decreed even though I deposited the entire from 1975. Now I approached high court . My query is will this fictitious name in the demand letter not altered till today will help me ???? second query is proceeding was on Bombay rent act as there was no written rules regarding PAGDI . Now Maharashtra Pagdi system and Rent Control Act of 1997 .... can introduce in Bombay High court proceeding ???? Will it help me.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register