Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

VIVEK KUMAR (Bank)     01 April 2014

Non-payment of final dues (By Punjab And Sind Bank)

Sir,

I was employed with Punjab & Sind Bank (PSB) as an IT Officer from 03.10.2012 to 09.09.2013. I was posted at its Bhatinda Zonal Office and was relieved on 09.09.2013 after serving three months notice period as laid down in ‘Punjab & Sind Bank – Officer Service Regulations, 1982’ and paid a bond amount of Rs. 1,00,000 to the Bank.

Now, as per agreed terms of Bipartite Settlement, and provisions of HO HRD Staff Circular No: 2646 - Dated 15.02.2003, HO HRD Staff Circular No: 2649 - Dated 06.03.2003, and Regulation 38 of ‘Punjab & Sind Bank (O) SR, 1982’  , I was entitled for encashment of half of the Privileged Leaves (PLs) to my credit as on the date of cessation of service, which should have been paid to me as the Final Settlement.

After waiting for two months, I sent my application for PL encashment to Bhatinda Zonal Office in Nov, 2013 but no response was received from their end despite having being confirmed of the receipt of my application. Since, then I have sent several reminders in form of e-mails & fax to the Zonal Office without any response received. On  calling the Zonal Office, they provide the same reply every time that they are reviewing my application.

As such, I forwarded all the correspondence made with the Zonal Office by e-mail  to the HRD, Personnel & PF departments of Punjab & Sind Bank Head Office at New Delhi on 18.02.2014 and a reminder mail on 04.03.2014. But no response was provided by the Head Office as well.

Hence, I visited the HRD department of the Head Office at New Delhi on 18.03.2014 & 19.03.2014, which is already on records in the visitor register. I was asked to submit a fresh representation, for which no acknowledgement was provided. I was assured that my dues would be cleared within a week but even after two weeks, nothing has been done in this regard and now my phone calls are also not being answered even once by the person who received my application. In fact, he himself provided me his personal mobile no.  

As a matter of fact, they have been ignoring all my mails and don’t seem interested at all to pay my dues. I am so much harassed by their behaviour that the matter is keeping me in tension all time.

So, I kindly request the experts here in this forum to advise me as what should I do next to get my dues paid. I am attaching both the circulars and the extract from the PSB (O) SR, 1982 for your reference.

Thanks & Regards

Learning

2 Replies

VINOD VERMA (C E O)     02 April 2014

dear vivek, 

seek details of your persoanl file by an RTI application, seeking certified copies of all the documents and office notes on record. do not forget to send your id proof and a token payment of Rs. 50.00 by  Indian Postal Order, drawn in favour of Punjab and sind Bank, the aqpplication should be addressed to Chief Public Information officer, Zonal Office , Punjab and sind Bank, inb the Bhathinda region. They are bound to reply you with 30 days. Once, you have the records in hand you will come to know clearly why your payment is held up and you can take appropriate action. best of luck

VIVEK KUMAR (Bank)     03 April 2014

@Vinod Verma

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your advice. In fact, I was myself thinking of filing an RTI Application, but had thought of seeking only as what action has been taken in regard to my application.

Now, as per your good advice, do I seek all the records in my personal file, including all the forms that I signed at the time of joining?

Further, what ID proof should I include with the RTI as no IDCard was ever issued by the Bank? However, I have got my relieving letter with me. So, should I send an attested copy of my PAN card & the relieving certificate?

Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register