Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramesh (Student)     11 January 2014

Love marriage filed rcr section 9 family court

Hi Everybody,

My uncle daughter (BC Caste - major) married a person( SC caste - constable-major) in temple (love marriage),after 3 days she wrote a letter to District Superintendent of police (SP) seeking security from her  family. The marriage was not registered. After 10 days her family members brought her to home , then the person was lodged a kidnap case against her family members. She denied the marriage and said nobody kidnapped me in the highcourt , the kidnap case quashed.

In the meantime , the person lodged another complaint in the district family court  on section 9 RCR , with proofs of  marriage photos and  her hand writed letters to the SP,  in the petition he stated that , she is willing to live with me but their family ristricting her.

Now she is not willing to go with the person and she wants a new life. The family court sending notices to the family ,they are in vain. 

Experts Please advice us how to proceed.

Thanks in advance,

Srini.

Learning

7 Replies

Hi Experts,

Please Advice how to proceed, We are in a big problem.

Thanks,

Srini.

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     11 January 2014

Dear,

I think the photographs and everything is a valid proof of their marriage getting solemnized, but I need to know whether both the parties are Hindu and  was there any priest present there at the time of phere..... There is a way out I think and she would be free him, please provide me these details first.

Advocate Kapil Chandna

Hi Madam,

Thank you for replying,

Answers:

1) Both are hindus , (Girl -backward Class, Boy-Scheduled Caste) .

2) Yes, Temple Poojari is there, but there is no certificate from temple.

3)) Marraige was not registered.

New Questions:

1) If she deny the marriage in Family court  , because in highcourt she denied the marraige and that order also attached to this.

2) If the exparty happens , is it possible the person to take the police force and take her as per law? , why because the person is police.

What can be the pro's and con's, please suggest how to proceed.

Thanks,

Srini.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     12 January 2014

Sir/madam,

Even if the marriage is termed valid, no law can force a girl to return to her martial home against her wishes. Even after an order is passed in RCR, the girl can not be forced to return, against her wishes, by any Court of Law. All the girl may stand to lose is the alimony or maintenance claims, which is again doubtful.

Good Luck,

Kishor Mehta

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 January 2014

Yes, Mr. KishoreMehta is right in opining that even the court orders for restitution of conjugal rights, only if the girl is willing to return to resume her marital voyage with you, it is possible for a reunion otherwise legally you can do nothing about this.  She has already deposed before high court that she was not kidnapped or confined against her wish or desire, so it will not be possible for you to initiate any legal action other than RCR and then keep quite. You should be able to prove before the court that you both have married each other with the evidences in your hand. If she is refusing to receive the summons, you may get an exparte order in your RCR, which may help you prove that you are married to her so she will not be able to marry another person without divorcing you and in case she does, it will be invalid before law for which you can file case against her under the provisions of law for marrying second time while her first marriage subsists.  She can be punished for this offence under criminal law.

Ramesh (Student)     15 January 2014

Hi,

Thank you verymuch sir .

Thanks,

Srini. 

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     18 March 2014

Dear Author,

U will have to file a writ petition before the Hon'ble High Court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register