Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     22 August 2010

Is there any basic diffrence between dowery / maintenance?

- FIRSTLY DOWERY ACT;

- THEN 498A ACT;

- THEREAFTER, DV ACT,   

Already makes the marriage mockery & jockey. Now people compel to think about ‘live in’ relationship. Maintenance hunting (!) is the main cause of it. They (Maintenance hunter) are ruining the essence of marriage. They are the killer of marriage named popular institution. Is there any basic diffrence between "dowery" & "maintenance"?

Our Government forget that “anything too much” - is bad. Innocent people paying for fault of The Government.

Learning

18 Replies

Is it not?

(Guest)

Yes, agree.

First you give (dowry) then you take back that also with interest (maintenance) and FD untouched (change of circumstances clause)

Hope above sums up as prudent answer to your question?

thanks.

Tell wife not women.

Under the cover of women, a section of dishonest wife, eating their spouse’s hard earned income. It is a dishonest activity. From the medieval period, this is continuing, without any logical ground. Now the time has come to stop this barbaric system.

The supporters of maintenance must have to answer –

Why maintenance?

Why one spouse will maintain the other?

What logic? On which ground?

I am in favour of maintenance of child, but not wife.

Able bodied wife must have to earn her butter and bread by herself.

slash (SR)     12 September 2010

yes sir.

I'm having a similar problem where my spouse left her job an year ago, doesn't want to divorce me  and now refuses to work because she know i will have to give maintenance(unfortunately i earn a good sum). This is going to spoil my hard earned savings and my carrier ( more i earn more the maintenance will be)

(Guest)

Let it be named compensation.The spouse against whom animus deserandi is determined must pay compensation to the otheer.

(Guest)

If you look at the nature of money being transacted here .. it is not hard to conclude that it is ransom.  Just taking case  slash gave above -- why she deserves maitenance? .. she is capable.. she has skills. She was even working before. And now she can not even give excuse that she is not choosing to work for the sake of family.

Here, she is simply  choosing  not to work to harm the other party.  In other words she is choosing to act in a way that will  harm other - and other party has no say or control over it.

Compensation... NaaaahN..                   Its is RANSOM.    

1 Like

(Guest)

"If you look at the nature of money being transacted here" it is ransom.OK.

But should it be from erring party to the other as compensation/

(Guest)

But should it be from erring party to the other as compensation

Good Idea... Worth Exploring

(Guest)
Thanks.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     12 September 2010

mr slash,

fight against this injustices.

someone has to come forward, why not you?

thanks for putting the problem here.

atleast people will know how able bodied woman exploit her husband, in the name of marriage.

thanks again.

what is - animus deserandi? please explain.

mr avinash, it is intentional harasment and reaching harm to her husband. REALLY A DUTY BOUND WIFE.

AGREED THAT - IT IS RANSOM

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register