Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Grama natham land- fee paid - cheated

sir
we have a grama natham land in tamilnadu...for which no penal charges were assessed for the last 10 yrs.
we recently came in touch with one of the assistant of the VAO who asked us to pay  5k initially to get the penal charge receipts issues. and then they stated demanding in lakhs..
now he has been dragging it for more than a month and not issuing the receipts..and we only have a small written note as evidence paid to that assistant..it was paid in cash and no other proof exist.
how to recover the money back if they are not willing to issue the receipt.i guess they expect more from us (as bride)which we diddnt abide to..
can i complaint this to taluk office or vigilance or corruption office in this regard? but no other proof of cash paid other than just a hand written note..

Learning

4 Replies

Sri Vijayan.A (Legal Consultant)     24 March 2015

What is the reason for penalty?

For Gram naththam lands, there is no penalty and no penal charges.

The VAO an his menial has cheated you.

Give Complaint to Tahsildar or contact Vigilance and Anti Corruption.

With the help of V&AC people, give the bribe money to the VAO.

Then V&AC shall take action against them.

Contact V&AC, they will guide you.

(Guest)

sir,
this is the dhandavarium(in tamil) charges - that we pay for B memo notice ..in the state of tamilnadu..which serves as a proof of enjoyment of the land  by us,in a way.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 March 2015

For the charges/taxes paid, the B memo receipt has to be given by the tax collector.  This is Grama Natham Property for which until regularised, the occupier has to pay the taxes to the government which will be collected under no liability by the government which in turn issue a receipt called B Memo.  If the VAO or his assistant is insisting on heavy bribe, you simply accept to pay it and tell them that you will pay it on a different date, in the meantime alert the Directorate of Vigilance and anti corruption police, who will guide you about the further steps to be followed in this regard to trap the corrupt culprits.

(Guest)

sir, thanks..i am not going to risk any further about committing to give any money further.

but ,how can i get the 5k back .that i had already paid to the middlemen..we have a written note from the middlemen/broker for this fee paid. can we still report this to any vigilance on the fee collected..so that if they grill the VAO,then he will understand the seriousness and make the middlemen return the fee back. am not going to take the police route for this,as i understand it will be a useless pursuit.. please advise

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register