REGISTRATION OF POWER-OF-ATTORNEY
* Registration of power of attorney is not compulsory. it is optional
* In India, where the Registration Act, 1908, is in force, the Power of Attorney should be authenticated by a Sub Registrar only, (Whenever a person signs the document and his attorney presents/ admits execution).
* In other areas, attestation should be by a Notary or diplomatic agents
* In case an attorney under a valid Power of Attorney himself signs a document, he may, as an executing (signing) party present/admit execution of a document though it is attested by a Notary, unless the text of the power specifically excludes such powers
* Foreign Power of Attorney should be got stamped by the Collector after its receipt in India within prescribed time of 3 months
* Registration of power of attorney authenticates the deed of power of attorney
* Power of Attorney shall be attested by two or more adult independent witnesses who are of sound mind
* If a power of attorney is in respect of an immovable property of value more than Rs100 it must be registered.