LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shabbir B Mansoor (Managing Director)     01 July 2010

GPA on behalf of NRI

I have an NRI friend in the Gulf who owns a 2 BHK apartment in Bangalore, Karnataka,  which is leased to a tenant for Rs.6 lakhs. There is an outstanding bank loan  on this property and also a couple of EMI payment defaults. Now there is another party who is willing to purchase this apartment from my NRI friend and to facilitate the Sale Agreement, Cancellation of Lease agreement and Registration of the said property, my friend wishes to send me a GPA to act on his behalf in his absence, as he is unable to come down to India. I am not related to him and am only a long term good friend who he trusts to act on his behalf. He has instructed me to prepare the GPA here in India and send it to him to be signed by him and duly returned back. Can I have a GPA prepared in my name and what are the costs involved?

Learning

1 Replies

prasadrao (manager legal)     03 July 2010

Dear Mr. Mansoor,

You can not send prepared GPA from india to sign their. Better you advise your NRI friend to send GPA notarised at Gulf country in favor of you.

After receiving the same you submitt the GPA document brfore District Registrar (Stamps), office at Church street, Bangalore for adjudication(paying stamp duty of Rs.200/-). After adjudication take the document before Notary public for attestation of your signature (Attorney holder). Then this document become pukka to execute on behalf of your NRI friend.

Prasad Anand Rao

Advocate

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register