Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit Kumar (Service supervisor)     05 April 2014

Full n final settlement

Hiiii

I have resigned from a company by giving a notice periods of seven days . But it was 90 days as per company norms. Due to some personal problems it was happened. As per company  rules who will not serve a notice period of 90 days will have to pay 03 months basic salary to company. My total tenure was near 2 and half year in the same company. My designation was supervisor.

Now company refuse to do full and final settlement .

Please  advice me what steps should i taken.

Can company hold my settlement ?

What about my PF.

Regards

Amit Kumar

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 April 2014

Did you submit company property, handover charge? Did you supply notice of resignation/final resignation and do you have its POD?

Did the company supply acceptance of resignation or is it keeping you as ’Absconder’ in its internal records?

Resignation can be without permission/notice! Days of bonded labor are gone.

You have posted that that you are a Manager/Supervisor. Still you may approach a competent and experienced labor consultant/service lawyer with copies of job advt, job application, interview call letter, selection letter, offer letter appointment letter, HR policy/service rules and regulation/all policies referred to and mentioned in appointment letter, standing orders applicable to the establishment (Model/Certified) and extended to your designation, ………………………………..show all records and give inputs in person.

Your lawyer may opine that you are covered as ‘Workman’ as in ID Act and as ‘Employee’ as in Shops and Commercial Establishments Act

……………………….. 
Designation alone does not decide employee shall be covered by these enactments or not. YOU may be eligible to lodge claim under Payment of Wages Act also.
If your lawyer opines that you are not covered then you may have to approach civil court.

The funds in your PF a/c are safe and are with EPFO and can not be attached by company even by decree f court.

It is better to transfer the PF to new company and keep the a/c active for at least 10Y and be eligible for pension. There are many benefits of PF.

You may submit PF forms for transfer to new employer under proper acknowledgment.

If you decide to withdraw you may submit PF forms for transfer to past employer under proper acknowledgment, preferably thru redg. Post ( obtain POD from PO and certified copy of run shet of postman too) and demand acknowledgment of forms and acknowledgment issued by PF office (for you) to be supplied to you by redg. Post only. YOU may mention that self addressed envelope for sending redg. Post to you is attached.

The designated person in HR has to attest the PF forms and submit to concerned PF office within 5 days or he/employer can be penalized. Declinature to attest the PF forms is offence.

However you should have the evidence. Record all calls/meetings and keep evidence.

The company shall have to pay wages of 7 days you have worked, encash paid leave, and can adjust notice pay (try for @ Basic+DA) and pay all other payables including reimbursements, incentives, Bonus and shall have to supply the correct FNF statement for verification acceptance by you and supply the service certificate, relieving letter, PF number-a/c slips/epass book, Form16 as per correct FNF statement, salary slips of all months.…………………   .

If employer defaults on wages then it might have defaulted on PF,ESIC, TDS, Contribution for insurance, Gratuity etc too………………………….
Employee can approach:

>>>Inspector under Payment of Wages Act; Applicable to all employees drawing wages up to Rs.18000/pm as per def. of wages in the act……………………………….within 1 year.

Salary slip to all employees duly signed by both employer and employee should be issued. Demand salary slip(s) of all months.

You may refer to: Payment of Wages Act; Sec: 2: 3*[(i), (ia), 3*[(vi), 3, 4 ,5, 13a, 14, 15, 16, 17A, 20………….. and if the Inspector agrees to cover you may immediately submit requisite Form for recovery of wages.

>>>Inspector under (Name of your state) Shops and Commercial Establishments Act :
One of the duties of the Inspector is to ensure that wages are paid on time and FNF of separated employee is also done properly and in time.

>>> O/o Labor Commissioner;
The Labor Inspector might also be officiating as Inspector under Payment of Wages Act, Inspector under UP Shops and Commercial Establishments Act…………………………..however you may lodge complaints mentioning the enactments separately.

----Employees Unions e. They may help you.

--- Trade Unions.
----RPFC thru nearest PF office. 
Does the company supply PF number, PF a/c slips for each year/or E Passbook? It has to.

----ESTC Inspector in jurisdictional ESTC office………….
(Applicable to all employees drawing wages up to Rs.15000/pm as per def. of wages in the ESI Act)

--- Form16: ITO; TDS where you file your ITR

CIT-TDS (jurisdictional) where company files ITR

--DLC-Gratuity

----Lawyer/Law firm

---Civil Court

Employees have been contemplating to file criminal complaints u/s 406, 420……………………………and to approach employer as creditors treating unpaid wages as debt on employer e.g;

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=72011&offset=1#.UvYBGEeBmXV

Krishnamurthy (BDM)     07 April 2014

Hello Sir,

I am employed for a firm regd Pvt Ltd Co in Delhi.

My work spot is Bangalore and look after 

I am being paid irregular salaries for past 4-5 months. 

I am Having Co Assets of worth 4-5 Lacs and Co Also woe Me almost same amount.

They are saying they do not have funds to pay, If I resign I doubt whether they will settle it fully or not?

Pls help what to do

Krishna

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 April 2014

The employer is unable to pay wages. It is unworthy of being employed with.

Your loss shall continue to pile up if you continue.

Firm up your next venture AS AP.

You may claim that in such situation/breach by employer notice period/pay has lost its sanctity……………..

Submit your claim of wages to appointing authority, MD……………………and demand payment of wages on due date of payment.

The employee can lodge complaint the moment his wages are delayed even by a day! The employer can be penalized…………………….. say Rs.7500/instance!

Has the employer stated in writing that it does not have funds to pay wages?

Record all such calls for evidence.

Approach a labor consultant/service lawyer AS AP and understand the jurisdictional courts if you are not covered as ‘Workman’ as in ID Act and ‘Employee’ as in Karnataka Shops and Commercial Establishments Act…………………………..

The employer shall claim it as Delhi while you would want it at Bangalore…………….

Your lawyer can also advice you on keeping assets till settlement of dues…………….

Attached File : 355791409 karnataka shops and commercial establishment act.pdf, 355791409 list of labor officials in banglore.doc, 355791409 trade unions in karnataka.doc downloaded: 132 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register