Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Subhash Rajput (Accountant)     16 December 2013

Full and final settlement

Dear Team,

I was employee of a Pvt Ltd Co. for 8 month, probation period was 6 month but after completion of 6 month my manager was not giving me confirmation after many follow up and telling will give within 2 to 3 days and passed 1 and half month. Then i went my native after taking leaves for 10 days. when i came back worked for 1 days and from second day i didn’t came and send my resignation through mail, then my manager has told me you come for 1 or 2 days and give handover, whatever your salary and releasing letter we will provide you. so i visited the company and given all handover and spoken too with my boss for Relieving letter and FnF amt , he assured me will release in 10 days but till now im doing follow up and he refusing to release Fnf and releasing letter, he is telling i have not served notice period for 15 days as per HR Policy, so we cannot give your Fnf and will not release Relieving Letter but in offer letter 1 month notice period mention after getting confirmation. Such HR policy never disclosed by HR.

Kindly suggest what to do to get my Fnf and Releaving Letter.

Learning

7 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 December 2013

Employee should always maintain proper record of job advertisement, job application, interview call letter, selection letter, offer letter, appointment letter—any HR or any other policy stated and mentioned in offer letter or appointment letter and before signing any document employee should always consult elders in the family, competent and experienced well wishers, lawyer/law firm.

Employee should obtain certified copies of service conditions, service rules, HR policy, Exit policy, FNF policy, Standing orders ( certified/model) applicable to the company and extended to the designation of the employee, leave policy, incentive policy or whatever and whichsoever other policy and rules and regulation in force in company.

Employee should become member of employee’s unions, and affiliate to Trade Unions.

Is it stated in appointment letter that notice period during probation period is 15 days or notice pay in lieu of notice period is to be issued?

Did you accept change in notice period in writing ever in response to notice for the change by the company?

If not then the notice period/pay during probation period is NIL and since your employment was not confirmed you may be treated in probation period.

However a lot shall depend on statements and language of statements in appointment letter issued to you, therefore without any hesitation and wasting time you may show it your labor consultant/service lawyer and proceed under expert advice of your lawyer.

Do you have copy of resignation, its proper acknowledgment from company, and did you obtain proper acknowledgment of handover from boss?

If you have handed over the charge then nothing is pending at your end.

What is this establishment: Industrial or Commercial?

How many employees are employed in it?

You and redg. office of the company are located in which state?

Instead of remaining entangled in conversations with Heads and others raise your demands in writing under proper acknowledgment by redg. post preferably to appointing authority, MD, Chairman and may narrate the representations made to this Boss (mention dates, phone numbers, dates, names and brief minutes of discussion) and cite that your service was not confirmed despite having performed very well and this is the reason that you have decided to separate by resignation, and as desired from you , you have already handed over the charge and no task/assignment was left pending at your end.

You may also highlight that as per clause number.............................in appointment letter dated...........................issued to you during the notice period /pay is of 1 month after confirmation of service only, and your service was never confirmed by company.

The notice period/pay during probation period is NIL but this Boss is time and again demanding to tender notice pay of 15 days which was never agree upon as per bilateral agreement signed in the form of appointment letter issued by employer.

Hence good offices should supply by redg. post only so as to reach you in next say...................7 days: acknowledgment of having received resignation, acceptance of resignation, the original and correct FNF statement as hard copy under seal and signature by hand of the competent employee for verification and acceptance by you, Form 16 as per correct FNF statement, payment of earned wages and FNF dues by bank DD only,  service certificate, relieving letter, NOC/NDC, PF number/account slips of entire period of service, ESIC card, Insurance card, salary slip of last month and all month’s of service, etc.................

All employees are entitled to get the service/work experience certificate.

Model Standing Orders:

As per Model Standing Orders notice period/pay during probation period is NIL.

13.          Termination of employment.- (2)  No ....................... probationer................. shall be entitled  to any notice or  pay in lieu thereof

16. Certificate on termination of service.--Every permanent  workman shall be entitled to a service certificate at the time of his dismissal, discharge or retirement from service.

NOTE. - There is a provision under this  Act for issuing a service certificate at the time of  dismissal, discharge or retirement and every person is entitled to take such certificate.

17. Liability of 17[employer].--The [1][employer] of the establishment shall personally be held responsible for the proper and faithful observance of the standing orders.

If the notice period is not applicable in your case then no notice pay can be adjusted and company should have paid your wages on last day in office and since it has not it might have not paid PF,ESIC,TDS, Insurance and this is default.

Employee can approach:

-Lawyer/law firm: A legal notice can help to drill sense into the heads. You may request your lawyer to include the HR personnel, this Head, appointing authority, CEO, Chairman, MD in list of noticees............

Designation alone does not decide employee is covered as ‘Employee’ as in Shops and Commercial Establishments Act, and ‘Workman’ as in ID Act....................

Your lawyer may ask you a set of structured questions and may opine that you are covered.

If you are not covered then for the notice period/pay you may have to refer to job advertisement, offer letter, appointment letter, service rules, service conditions, service codes and regulations etc ...........................

-Trade Unions/ Employees Unions: They know precise ways to handle such issues

-Inspector under Payment of Wages Act (applicable to all employees drawing wages as per def of wages in the Act up to Rs.18000/pm)

-Inspector under ( name of your state) Shops and Commercial Establishments Act; 

-o/o Labor commissioner

-RPFC in nearest PF office

Inspector ESIC in jurisdictional ESIC office

-IT)-TDS where employee files ITR and jurisdictional CIT-TDS where employer files ITR

-Civil Court.

The wage ceiling for ESIC was Rs.15000/pm ( being revised to Rs.25000/pm) and the employer has option to contribute PF up to wages Rs.6500/pm.

There are threads to suggest that employees have been contemplating to lodge criminal complaints u/s 406, 420................................for criminal breach of trust.....................................and your lawyer may opine that name of Boss can be included in list of notices.

You may fine tune your representations as suitable to you.

The lawyer that has seen all of your docs can advice you the best.

Attached File : 949033400 model standing orders industrial employment standing orders rules.pdf downloaded: 110 times

Subhash Rajput (Accountant)     17 December 2013

Is it stated in appointment letter that notice period during probation period is 15 days or notice pay in lieu of notice period is to be issued?

Ans : No , its not mentioned. Only mentioned that after confirmation hvae to give notice period of 1 month. 

Did you accept change in notice period in writing ever in response to notice for the change by the company?

Ans: No, HR never disclose with me if any changes happen during my service.

If not then the notice period/pay during probation period is NIL and since your employment was not confirmed you may be treated in probation period.

However a lot shall depend on statements and language of statements in appointment letter issued to you, therefore without any hesitation and wasting time you may show it your labor consultant/service lawyer and proceed under expert advice of your lawyer.

Do you have copy of resignation, its proper acknowledgment from company, and did you obtain proper acknowledgment of handover from boss?

Ans: no, i send mail for resignation not written so he consider absconding and send me notice, i don't have copy of handover too.

If you have handed over the charge then nothing is pending at your end.

What is this establishment: Industrial or Commercial?

Ans : Industrail and i was working as Accountant.

How many employees are employed in it?

Ans: 75

You and redg. office of the company are located in which state?

Ans: Andheri Mumbai

Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 December 2013

Thus period in your case may not be applicable.

You have the copy of resignation sent by email.

You may narrate that on dated..............................you have handed over the charge to Mr/Ms.......................as per his instructions on dated......................(by email/phone etc as posted by you) and certified copy of the acknowledgment that was not handed over to you on the post and same should be supplied to you by redg. post.

Since you were an accountant you might be posted in admin office and that may be registered under Bombay Shops and Commercial Establishments Act.

As per

Bombay Shops and Commercial Establishments Act the standing orders should be applicable to your establishment.

This enactment is so employee friendly. IT should be available at the website of Dept. of labor or you can buy the latest version from market.

Trade union in your state and city are very active and effective.

You may fine tune your representation as suitable to you and submit preferably by redg. post to appointing authority, MD preferably by redg. post.  

If the good offices also do not provide any relief you may approach the authorities as already suggested and proceed under the expert advice of your lawyer.

Attached File : 949070580 the bombay shops establishments act.pdf downloaded: 90 times

Gautam Vasoya (Software Engineer)     18 December 2013

Hi, i am working in Pvt.Ltd company. they not give still my October-November month salary. Today they couriour me salary Cheque for month of October from there Personal Account and put date 5-January-2014. they not give from company account. we assume that company has close. but they not say us. and also company does not having any office place to work with them. they doing fake promises to take office and start continue working but still not taking any office. What i do for that.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 December 2013

@ Gautam,

The cheque may bounce.

Find out the residential; address assets of the Directors, owners.

Do not let them escape.

Find out fro o/o Labor Commissioner at the location of redg. office of the company whether it has filed for closure.

The company has to give proper notice.

The employee can lodge complaint the minute payment of wages is delayed even by a day.

Send a written communication why cheque of personal a/c is issued and to replace it by cash under proper acknowledgment of pay slip to e signed by both employer and employee.

Smelling fraud approach local police and lodge FIR.

Seek help from community leaders, trade union leaders, and any one.

If employer has not paid wages then it might have not paid PF,ESIC,TDS, Insurance and this is default.

Employee can approach:

-Lawyer/law firm: A legal notice can help to drill sense into the heads. You may request your lawyer to include the HR personnel, this Head, appointing authority, CEO, Chairman, MD in list of noticees............

Designation alone does not decide employee is covered as ‘Employee’ as in Shops and Commercial Establishments Act, and ‘Workman’ as in ID Act....................

Your lawyer may ask you a set of structured questions and may opine that you are covered and may advice that you can raise a dispute now and labor Commissioner may proceed to recover wages.

-Trade Unions/ Employees Unions: They know precise ways to handle such issues

-Inspector under Payment of Wages Act (applicable to all employees drawing wages as per def of wages in the Act up to Rs.18000/pm)

-Inspector under ( name of your state) Shops and Commercial Establishments Act; 

-o/o Labor commissioner

-RPFC in nearest PF office

Inspector ESIC in jurisdictional ESIC office

-IT)-TDS where employee files ITR and jurisdictional CIT-TDS where employer files ITR

-Civil Court.

-Police; for criminal breach of contract.

The wage ceiling for ESIC was Rs.15000/pm ( being revised to Rs.25000/pm) and the employer has option to contribute PF up to wages Rs.6500/pm.

There are threads to suggest that employees have been contemplating to lodge criminal complaints u/s 406, 420................................for criminal breach of trust.....................................and your lawyer may opine that name of Boss can be included in list of notices.

You may fine tune your representations as suitable to you.

The lawyer that has seen all of your docs can advice you the best.

Gautam Vasoya (Software Engineer)     18 December 2013

@Kumar Doab

Thank you for Helping me.

i have a resident address of the onwer. in our company there are two director. but one directer got PR of Canada so she was going last month to canada. but sir said we will continue our office. so can it posible to run company without minimum 2 directer?   on 13-nov  company said we take new office but still they not take office and they not resign us still 30-nov. so can i my salary still 30-nov month?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 December 2013

For your interest find out address of the Director that has moved to Canada too.

If you have resigned with immediate effect then company may adjust notice pay and square off your dues.

Don’t resign by email.

If possible withdraw the resignation in writing and submit notice of resignation and state that since wages are not being paid you are resigning with notice period of............................days  as stated in appointment letter.

Let all of your communications be drafted by elders in the family, competent and experienced well wishers, lawyer/law firm.

Approach a labor consultant/service lawyer with elders in the family.

Don’t trsut the verbal statements of these directors any more.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register