Father property to son

Dear Lawyers,

My father left me and my mother 15 years back. Now he has married other woman and come back to enjoy ancestor property without giving anything to us. He has put divorce case, Maintenace and his marriage Null and void case against my mother.

Do i and my mother have the right to ask a share on all his property?

If yes. How much? 

Also could you please advice on how to proceed with this?

Thank you,

Raghavendra V


You may consult a senior and experienced counsel specializing in family/civil matters and your counsel may opine that the details of the property be given in all complaints/suit and so that it succeeds to become suit property. Your counsel may also opine that second marriage is illegal and that you have share in ancestral property. Obtain all link/chain documents to the property. If you are unable to do it lean on your bale lawyer.

Retd Sr Director Govt of India/ Advocate

1) When there is living wife, Second marriage is illegal as opined.


2) In whose name and physical possession the property is not known.


3) How the property is devolved to your father.


4) What happened to your father all these 15 years.






Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu