LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PN Padhi (PBOR)     23 June 2012

Divorce on medical ground

Sir, I got married in 2007. After three years of marriage, I came to know that my wife is suffering from a genetic disorder named HUNTINGTON'S DISEASE. When I discussed this with my in-laws, they are blaming me for the disease. Her brother also died of the same disease and her uncle is still alive with this disease. But Idont have any proof of their disease. Now I want a divorce from wife as she is not able to carry out any job nor she can give any type of social, emotional or physical happiness. Can I file divorce and a fraud case against my in-laws. Please help me.

Learning

8 Replies

Ranee....... (NA)     23 June 2012

Do you have any kid?

PN Padhi (PBOR)     23 June 2012

Yes I have a Son of three year old

Ranee....... (NA)     23 June 2012

if you divorce her with whome the child will live?

cyberlawyer (barrister)     23 June 2012

From when since she is not able to carry on day to day work. Is it from the beggining of the marriage or after 3 years. if you suspect her then get her medically examined and the report will speak the balance. But you have to prove that she was having this disease even before her marriage...

cyberlawyer (barrister)     23 June 2012

Just now researched about this disease. May God save us and our children from this deadly disease. It  usually begin between 35 and 44 years of age. And if your child carries the gene there are 50% chances of infection for the child too. There is no cure for this diseases. Your in-laws cannot blame you since the disease is genetic and it follows from her ancestors. It is not contagious ... Survival is 15 - 20 yrs. 

Since her uncle is also having the same disease, you can prove your case. If she denies medical examination you can video her involuntary motions (which is one among the symptomsof this disease). For further assistance wikipedia will be of much help to you...

PN Padhi (PBOR)     24 June 2012

Now my inlaws are telling that they will take their daughter and all the things they have given at the time of marriage and also claiming for some money for her expenses. I dont understand whether to go through court or mutual agreement .pls some body help me

PN Padhi (PBOR)     24 June 2012

Now my inlaws are telling that they will take their daughter and all the things they have given at the time of marriage and also claiming for some money for her expenses. I dont understand whether to go through court or mutual agreement .pls some body help me. But they are not interested with my son. they want to leave him with me.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register