LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

DV Act

My wife recently filed 498A against me and my family members and in the report she has claimed that we threw her out out and have kept her streedhan with us which is not true. She left with her own will and inspite of our repeated attempts to bring her back she did not come. It is now 4.5 mths that she has been living away and filed a 498A 10 days back for which the chargesheet has yet to be filed in court.

I fear her filing a DV complaint claiming her Streedhan which is not with us. what is the procedure to prove that we dont have it and what will be the action taken by court and will we be given a chance to put our side. I fear that like in 498A proceedings similar arrest may occur in this DV case. Need advice.

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)

1. Under DVA fine and or imprisonment clause is there only if Protection order is flauted. Your case is in liquid stage right now so chill pill till then,

2. Stridhan summery (admission / deniel) should be As per List and you can always ask for Bills / Receipts and can also check their authencity and if they are not As per List then tell them to forget it and contest both the Complains tooth and nails.

Rgds.

1 Like

(Guest)

I have one more question if DV is filed against me will we be getting summons from court to appear or it will be a police action as happened in 498A case

(Guest)

@ Sh. Prabhakar

Slight correction in your reply if you may so permit me.

In DV Suit if Notice(s) are unserved Summon through Protection officer is summoned upon for NDOH and it depends on Protection Officer to take help of local PS or serve as in person. Actually as per D HC recent Judgment a Protection Officer should take help serving Summon via SHO to accused husband and male members of the family. This so Ordered by D HC because one accused family recently badly beaten the Protection Officer when she went there to serve a Summon (not Notice).

Rgds.

(Guest)

@ Sh Prabhakar

Apologise, read my last message as "slight add-on" instead of slight correction. I admitt my oversight assure your kindself it was unintended.

Rgds.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More