LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ajay shah... (BBA PGDFM MBA-finance)     11 April 2019

Car loan after death of borrower

My mother took Car Loan in March 2017 from private bank. In the Loan agreement there are no Witness / Guarantor / Co-Borrower. My mother passed away in Jan 2018 . There was a personal insurance attached to the Loan which is rejected on non disclosure grounds (though it was a mis-sell) We wrote to the bank asking about the Insurance ( Consortium Insurance Bank takes for all its assets) on in April 2018 which is till date not responded by the bank. we do not have the possession of the car. The bank's collection team has been after me & father to clear the dues. Arbitration is also enforced on us, which we attended but the neither the Arbitrator nor the bank's representative was present. The bank is demanding Rs 9.7 lakhs including against the principal of Rs 10,77,000 out of 14 Emi of Rs 22k has already been paid. As a 1 time settlement in good faith we have offered the bank Rs 5lac which the bank is not agreeing. what should we do? We have stopped paying the EMIs from April 2018.

Learning

1 Replies

Shashi Dhara   12 April 2019

File civil suit in civilcourt that Ur not responsible to repay the loan against bank. If Ur mother has any asset they can proceed against that for recovery of loan

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More