BCI EXAM

Legal Officer

I like to put some straight questions 1) Wheather the old lawyers were better at the time of passing LLB Exam than the new entrants ? 2) Is it not so that present LLB course are more loaded by new emerging topics than the earlier ones ? 3) Who can give guarrentee the such bar exam will not open a path of corruption and money making business by coaching centres ,selling books etc,etc, as is happening in MCI & other bodies ? 4 ) Is holding of bar exam is the only criteria of selecting good lawyer when no steps seems to be taken by competent authorities to improve legal standard ? 5 ) If Govt and BCI is so interested in improving legal standard of country, then why a single all India qualifying Exam of LLB in final year itself is not taken ( to be conducted by BCI in all its affilioted colleges) ? 6 ) Who will bear the agony of all the jobless new entrants without any fault of their own ? 7 ) why there is first one entrance exam to join LLB ,then rigourous tests and LLB qualifying exam ( second?)and third bar exam to join practice while such types are not available in any other educational system ? 9) What is the ulterior motive of such arbitrary and whimsical decisions ?

Total likes : 1 times

Lawyer

Its quite sorry state of affairs that, too much anger is being shown towards the qualifying exam.  This decision has been taken merely to make students more concerned about the legal studies....the idea is to determine their analytical ability.

we all should take it in a positive sense, such a kind of exam will surely introduce sincerity among the students.

this exam has nothing to do with corruption or arbitrariness.

Advocate

Kiran ji, if it is not arbitrary, then why cannot the studetns of other professions also have this type of entrance exams before geting into profession? Let the medical students or C.A students have this in order to improve the quality people in the field. BCI is grossly neglecting the aspects which have to be considered like revising the syllabus or revising the teaching methods and stopping the mushrooming of colleges which do not adhere to the regulations of BCI.

The opinions are not for reluctance to take the exams, but being a student of law, we have to what is the justification for introduction of this exam. Specially the student community is aware of the quality of lawyers already in the field.

Advocate

Suchitra, in fact I was thinking of posting National medical entrance exam, and you have rightly pointed out that query and even including C.A. In other countries medical entrance exam also include National nursing entrance exam and now after Bar exam it is time for the Medical Council of India to give a serious thought in the line of Bar exam, this will be something like standarization of professional education and even unification through education with common standard. 

Advocate

Raja, I appreciate your views on old and the new but the question is not the old and the new, the issue is time changes and we should change with the change of time. We can not just sit with the past in the new era of our changing time. Yes, we remember the past but we love the future and we should forged ahead with the changing times. In the past what facilities did they had? TV? Computer? Internet? Chat room? world wide web etc ,etc? In the past money order send from home took a month and what is the situation today? just a few second isnt? Time for change.

Advocate

Assumi Sir, let me know why some courses are called professional courses? Do you think it is a joke to do a professional course and even after completing they need to be tested as to whether they are fit to be professionals? Is it not required to test them before they get enrolled into such professional course, if that was your criteria ? 

Advocate

Suchitra, I am 100% sure that you know what it means by professional course, but may be you want to test me, any way to me professional course simply imply a well defined chalked out career programme in terms of Industry to be pursued like medicines, mass media, fashion designing, engineering and Law etc. There are may be many reasons, but to me the test is required because of the fact that there are hundreds of Law Colleges spread across the country imparting LL.B; course and this test is the only way to test the real quality of imparting legal education in those colleges in the form of bar review.

Advocate

Sir, then is it not required that as Mr.Raja has stated there should be a common entrance exam for admission? the course of action is not entrance exam after they complete the course. It is essential to ensure the quality of education imparted by colleges. Why burden is on students now?

Advocate

To me there is a difference between entrance exam and test for sitting in the bar in the form of bar review. You can well imagined the entrance exam that is before the course is taken and one that is after the course is taken and a test to sit in the bar with a qualification. If one obtains the requisite qualification why bother for the bar review? after all the BCI is not going to test the Bar Review out of blues but from the requisite qualifications obtain in the college, and that also from different Zones?

Advocate

I am not convinced by your reply, Sir. Anyways, thanks for taking time to reply my doubts.

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum:

LAWyersclubindia Menu