Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ketan Jain   02 November 2019

Add mother's name as associate member of the society (Mumbai)

I am Mr. XYZ, aged 27, residing in Mumbai. I own a flat which was transferred to my name (in 2019) which was previously owned by my grandmother, who passed away in 2015.
I am staying with my family (My parents and my elder sister) in this flat since 1996. My father passed away in 2011. This flat was supposed to be transferred to my father's name long before that but due to some family issues, it wasn't done untill 2019 directly to my name. I wanted to have a joint ownership with my mother's name also but it was not possible because of family issues.
Now I wish to make my mother co owner of the flat. following are the queries :
1. Do I make my mother co owner or an associate member?
2. What are the documents required to be submitted to the society (incase of co owner or associate member)
3. In future, something happens to my mother, do I again need to make and submit various documents for trasfer of ownership/shares to my name or will it be done by submitting application to the society?
4. To avoid making and submitting set of documents again, can I add a clause in the document for adding my mother's name that, transfer the ownership/share to my name incase something happens in future?

Learning

1 Replies

Sb Karma   04 November 2019

Originally posted by : Ketan Jain
I am Mr. XYZ, aged 27, residing in Mumbai. I own a flat which was transferred to my name (in 2019) which was previously owned by my grandmother, who passed away in 2015.I am staying with my family (My parents and my elder sister) in this flat since 1996. My father passed away in 2011. This flat was supposed to be transferred to my father's name long before that but due to some family issues, it wasn't done untill 2019 directly to my name. I wanted to have a joint ownership with my mother's name also but it was not possible because of family issues.Now I wish to make my mother co owner of the flat. following are the queries :1. Do I make my mother co owner or an associate member?2. What are the documents required to be submitted to the society (incase of co owner or associate member)3. In future, something happens to my mother, do I again need to make and submit various documents for trasfer of ownership/shares to my name or will it be done by submitting application to the society?4. To avoid making and submitting set of documents again, can I add a clause in the document for adding my mother's name that, transfer the ownership/share to my name incase something happens in future?

Just go to registry office and make your mother co-owner

document needed will be property related only,and may be your mother id needed.

And it will best to show the document which established your relationship with your mother to the registry.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More