LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

498_final stage (Professional)     07 December 2013

498a trial about to begin.lawyers sugsting to file divorce

498a and Domestic Violence cases are running in different cities. 498a is on a trial stage where I and my entire family has permanent bail...

My lawyers are suggesting to file divorce now to put pressure on the Girl's side. Can you tell me what kind of pressure divorce case would carry on them???  I have failed to understand.

What I have heard here and from most of the people, that the moment I am acquitted from 498a then I should file divorce. Because then I am defamed, proved victim of false case which becomes a ground for divorce.

So what do you suggest,, when should I file for a divorce? Lawyers are also saying that I will have to contest the divorce so that I should pay them a good fee as well for this...

Is it that they are making fool of me or even after 498a men in India will have ask for divorce?

Learning

4 Replies

K*I*L*L*E*R (tech)     07 December 2013

Dear friend 

As per my knowledge first go for chargesheet /fir quash and then take divorce

The other thing u can do which is better and safe is try to solve the case through mediation in COURT where prepare the agreemenrt which is much safer and better and then follo2 it

Its my opinion let expeerts decide which Is better

498_final stage (Professional)     07 December 2013

Medication has failed already Raja

And if we keep on paying these criminals like that then we have no right to complain about biased laws

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     07 December 2013

See first whether you have got any grounds for divorce now... If you have strong grounds and evidence to file the case then, go for it now and no need to wait till the outcome of the 498A case. If no strong grounds exist as of now and you still want divorce then, wait till the decision of 498A case.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     07 December 2013

Yes Adv Ms. Archana is right, you do not have to wait for the outcome of all false cases against you to file divorce case against her.  This is different from that.  In fact the 498a and the DV case against you is an act of cruelty by her against you and this is a very strong ground and sufficient reason for filing divorce against her.  As far as the advocate fees, it depends from person to person. The charges will be different from one advocate to another for which there isno answer here.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register