498a -quashed- passport re-issue

Hi All,
 This is regarding passport re-issue.
Accused of 498a in 2010.
Quashed all the cases in 2011
Got re-married in 2014
Applied for passport re-issue in 2018 as PSK
PSK pointed out Criminal Record and moved from Tatkal to normal
Went to RPO and submitted the certified copy of HIGH COURT quash and SESSION and FAMILY court ORDER SHEET.
PSK initated police verification under Normal Scheme
* Police Verification officer came 
* Submitted the Copy of Certified HIGH COURT QUASH copy 
and also submitted FAMILY and SESION COURT order copy  
( Police - stunned when he copies of family and session court orders )
* Police verification officer said, NEED to read these and asked me come to thana.
  1. Not sure , if the certified copy of SESSION and FAMILY also need to be submitted?
  3. Do i need to divorce Order sheet? I presume this does not amount to criminal record?
  2. I have the only certified HIGH court quash letter.
Don't know what to expect. Request to please provide pointer to be prepared.

In case police officer is not forwarding your documents for verification then approach his senior officer.


Legally there is no bar for reissue of passport in your case.


Thanks, Note: I do not have ex-wife included in my old passport. So in summary, Certified Divorce and the Certified session court orders are not needed for completing the police verification. Please acknowledge. Thanks

see quashed means you are free from all your previous allegation and charges then no matter to re issue the passport kindly drop a formal mail to ministry of external affairs and the dgp of your state problem will get solved

Meet the passport officer, apprise him the latest situation. Submit him the copy of Court's order. Also explain him that police is reluctant to do it's duty, Sr. police officers will never listen you becoz they also receive the big chunk of the bribe.

You can get n no of certified copies from court, so submit certified copies as required. I think police taking advantage of ur old cases to make some money.. think about it or as said above escalte to higher authorities.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu