Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

498a_fighter (Software Engineer)     25 October 2011

498a-discharge or revision suggestion

Short Background of the case

1.    My marriage happened on 2007 after 3 years of love relation.The problem started as I did not supported for not seperating with her leaving my ailing and elderly parents.She tried to create nasty acts while staying in my home to show that my parents are not liking her and I should seperate with her. Failing that she left the house and while I tried to take her back she used to provocate me in quarrels and used to record that to blackmail to go with her wish otherwise I will lose my career with police cases.

2.    My wife had left the matrimonial house 1 year(Jan 2008) ago on her own will before my date(Jan 2009) of leaving the country. As I decided to go outside the country I tried to take her with me but failed. She filed divorce asking for money/jewelleries after 2 weeks of my departure which is still pending(ongoing for last 2.5 years). Later I knew she had developed another relationship and want to get divorce from me and what bad if can make a fat profit same time.

3.    I contested the grounds of divorce and she filed instant case U/S. 498a/406/34 I.P.C against me and my family members after 1 year of my departure. The case was lodged by my wife after 10 months 14 days from the date of my leaving India and 2 years after she left her matrimonial house, when I was outside of the country.

4.    The IO in the case was informed well in advance, of my date of leaving India on foreign assignment and he forwarded the matter of my overseas assignment to the LD. Court but later in the charge sheet,  he concealed this fact and showed me to be an absconder by way of misleading the court he obtained the warrant of arrest on against me.

IO has mentioned  in charge sheet under circumtantial evidences I have done crime .As evidence my wife has submitted voice recording CD which she used to record while we quarelled.

Not to mention the IO is completely supportive to my wife side due to some unknown reason. Also the streedhan articles which were with us were given back without the jewelerry articles which she falsely claimed.

5.    I returned India and I was granted anticipatory bail from High Court.

6.    Then I surrendered before the lower court on where I was granted ad-interim bail and the warrant of arrest against me was recalled.

My family memebers are in confirmed bail now and I am waiting for the next date where my bail should be confirmed or extended.My family members seldom interacted with my wife during the tenure and probably my wife was not able to give even any false evidence against them. Only she has a voice recording CD which she recorded provocating me in quarrells. She may be having 2-3 police diaries she did without my knowledge creating scenes after she left our house.Her advocate is asking for compromise giving her divorce (earlier also used to ask for money) as thats the only loss she is having not able to get legally married.

I am firm that I have not done anything wrong other than trying to save a relation and already have lost huge from my life , career and most importantly my family members/unmarried sister suffering for this.i know I have to lose more going through this but I am not going to compromise and I want to see till end how our country's law can punish somebody without doing anything

My questions on my next steps:

I understand that one should try first for discharge/revision then can try to quash.

I have also gone through the link

https://498afaq.blogspot.com/2009/07/what-after-chargesheet-final-report-by.html.

The instant ground I am having is she filed the case after 1 year of my absence in the country and 2 years after she left the matrimonial house and with pending divorce case filed by her.

I got two suggestion from two advocates of going for discharge and another one going directly to revision as he thinks discharge will not help in my case.

1> what is the difference in going for discharge(u/s.239 Cr.P.C.)or revision(u/s.397 Cr.P.C)? Is it advisable to go for revision directly without first going to discharge.

2> If me and my family members somehow gets discharged then can the case be quashed in high court? I am asking this with this understanding that discharging does not mean closure of the case and can be re-opened with new evidences.

3>If my bail does not get confirmed next day(may get extended) is it advisable to go for discharge/revision still.

Thanks in advance for all your support and valuable suggestion, thoughts.

Learning

12 Replies

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     25 October 2011

1> what is the difference in going for discharge(u/s.239 Cr.P.C.)or revision(u/s.397 Cr.P.C)? Is it advisable to go for revision directly without first going to discharge.

YOU CAN GO FOR DISCHARGE AND THEN FOR REVISION OF THE SAME. THE LAWYERS ARE TELLING YOU ABOUT REVISION IS BECAUSE THE CHANCES OF SUCCESS OF DISCHARGE IS VERY LESS, BUT THEY DON'T TELL YOU THAT THE REVISION IS ALSO EQUALLY DIFFICULT.

2> If me and my family members somehow gets discharged then can the case be quashed in high court? I am asking this with this understanding that discharging does not mean closure of the case and can be re-opened with new evidences.

IF YOU ARE DISCHARGED, THE CASE IS OVER, NO NEED FOR HIGH COURT THEREAFTER. LET THEM GO FOR APPEAL IF THEY WANT AGAINST YOUR DISCHARGE.

3>If my bail does not get confirmed next day(may get extended) is it advisable to go for discharge/revision still.

NO FIRST SEEK BAIL.

REGARDS,

SHONEE KAPOOR

HARASSED.BY.498A@GMAIL.COM

1 Like

SHAILENDRA SRIVASTAVA (MANAGING PARTNER)     25 October 2011

YOU MAY FILE APPLICATION U/S- 482 CR.P.C FOR QUASHING OF CHARGESHEET BEFORE CONCERNED HIGH COURT. IT WILL SOLVE YOUR ALL PROBLEM. 

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     25 October 2011

Again there is no guarantee for success of 482 application.

Any dicharge/ revision/ quash should be filed in strong legal grounds and not just for the sake of it.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

SHAILENDRA SRIVASTAVA (MANAGING PARTNER)     25 October 2011

MR. SHONEE, 

YOU CANNOT CLAIM ANY GUARANTEE IN ANY CASE BUT IT DEPENDS UPON THE LAWYER HOW HE PLEAD & ARGUE THE CASE.

I am not a expert on these matters but only a victim but what I understand is before going for quashing under CRPc 482 one should try for discharge/revision first for better result. Otherwise there may be a chance that high court may send back the quash petition It may vary from case to case and above I have given the background of my case. I would request the experts to have a look on the background of the case given above and please suggest.

Also I am trying to understand in my case as a first step if it will be better going directly for the revision without the discharge.

I am not a expert on these matters but only a victim but what I understand is before going for quashing under CRPc 482 one should try for discharge/revision first for better result. Otherwise there may be a chance that high court may send back the quash petition It may vary from case to case and above I have given the background of my case. I would request experts to have a look on the background of the case given above and please suggest.

Also I am trying to understand in my case as a first step if it will be better going directly for the revision without the discharge.

The instant ground I am having is she filed the case after 1 year of my absence in the country and 2 years after she left the matrimonial house and with pending divorce case(pending for 1.9 years) filed by her.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     26 October 2011

These grounds alone are not sufficient for filing discharge/ quash etc.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

498a_fighter (Software Engineer)     26 October 2011

So , is it suggested to wait for charge framing and then trail for my case ?

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     27 October 2011

More than ninety percent criminal cases fail ultimately it does not mean the same should have been discharged or quashed.

Quash / discharge are applicable in very rare cases.

Whether advocate or self you must give fight at every stage , that is the only practical way.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     27 October 2011

498a fighter,

Sit with a competent person, lawyer or otherwise and see whether any grounds are made for quashing.

If no, then better face the trial and get over it.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

498a_fighter (Software Engineer)     28 October 2011

Thanks Shonee for your reply.

But I am a bit confused what lawers are suggesting and it is varying person to person. The three suggestions are below.

• One lawer is very interested to put my case in quashing. He is saying atleast the case wil be stayed if not quashed. I dont have any intention to put the case on stay as in that case its better for me to face the trial to get the result.
  • My lower court lawer is wanting to go for discharge application.
  • I spoke with another higher court lawer and he is saying discharge would nt help in these case as the chargesheet is having the name of all accused and better trying for revision. 

Grounds that may be considered:

1. when I left india there was no case and after 1 year of my leaving the case was filed.My wife did not show any specific reason in FIR for delaying in lodging complaint.
  2. I/O was informed by my father  about my whereabouts after the case was files that I was in US and he  previously communicated to court that for 3years office assignment I am outside of the country.I/O went to my office many times as well. We have documents of those communications.But these facts are not included in the chargesheet but he showed me as an absconder to get arrest warrant before I could have returned.
  3. we also have pending divorce suit which my wife filed after I left india and her ultimate motive for filing criminal charges is to get divorce and money.
  4. My sisters age is mentioned more in FIR by IO.
  5. my wife has mentioned herself as housewife in the first page of FIR but in the inside complaint letter she declared herself working lady(truly she is working lady in IT).

Complaints of my wife in brief

My wife has compalints against my family like that she has been tortured , tried her to get killed by mixing various harmful things in her food as becasue of the demand of dowry. She used to record voices over phone by provocating quarrels.Those shud be  quarrels that used to happen when she left house and I was trying to get her back .I may tell her I will slap you if you dont come back which I never meant and may be due to the frustation of the things she  was doing like she left house doing nasty things ,recording voices with some other intentions. I felt bad and humiliated inside losing trust on her on these acts and used to shout that she may have recorded. But I am sure I never asked for money or used any bad language. After we got married (reiterating that we have a love relation of 3 years)she tried to get me seperated from my parents but when she failed she started doing these acts like mixing things in her food and telling me that my parents are doing that etc so she cant stay. She left my house to get me out blackmailing with divorce and in those quarrels she used to record voices. She probably started talking with lawer to know to create evidences and probably has started thinking of breaking the relation which I was unaware.She shud not have any mobile recording with my parents as they never used to speak with her after she left and I warned my parents about her recording attitude. She left house last quarter of 2007 and these all happned in end of 2007 to may be mid of 2008 . On early 2009 she filed divorce after I left and on early 2010 she filed the complaints failing to get divorce and money withing the period she expected.

My unmarried sister used to study outside the state and used to come sometime in the house during the period which we have evidence.

My mother is an arthritics patients with deformed hands and legs and sufferring for almost 20 yeras

So I m thinking if atleast I can get my parents and sister out of this by discharge/revision or quash as I dont think my wife was able to submit  even any false evidence against them other than saying they have tortured her.

Please suggest and once again thanks to all of you for giving your valuable time for reading the above for your comments.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     28 October 2011

I can not suggest w/o seeing the FIR.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register