LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Karthik (Sr. Manager)     02 September 2014

498a and domestic violence act against senior citizen

Suppose Husband's age is above 60 years and wife's age is 48 years and they are married since 30 years and staying together. If the situation gets worse now and husband starts torturing on wife with denial of food and threatens her to get out of house can wife file 498A and domestic violence against her husband? If so what is the procedure ?


 2 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     02 September 2014

Yes she can file the case against the husband age doesn't consider , she can make police complaint as well as private complaint case in the court , if you are doing it then stop immediately harassing her by doing any domestic violence upon her , it will spoil your life .


If senior citizens are involved for unnecessary reason then get Human Rights Commission involved. I did the same thing in my matter. Bitch kept on filling cases over and over repeating same story but applying different provisions. My 80 year old uncle was involved unnecessary and then we filed complaint in Human Rights Commission and right away within a month action was taken. Currently the matter is going to be submitted in court by human rights commission.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads