LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bedomita Deb (Advocate)     24 November 2011

498a

I want an advice from you which is very urgent. My party is going for mutual divorce because his father in law has file a complaint that his daughter is unhappy with the marriage. But there is the involvement of the girls father and a police personal who is working as undercover agent for both the party and now for this divorce he is giving his own lawyer to my party they also gave him few blank papers to sign stating that the print out will be taken later. My party is not interested to go by their ways as he cant trust them but is sacred that if he annoys the police than they in connivance with the other party may file 498A. Can i file a caveat stating every thing and sent a copy to the police station as well and than file a GDE there will that be effective so that in the meantime we can go ahead with the divorce on mutual grounds after proper discussion between both the parties. The imp question is how can i save him from 498A and solve the entire case because earlier on many occasions they threatened him with this.Since police is involved in this for their vested interest that's why i am thinking of caveat along with the complaint for GDE. My first interest is saving My party from being a victim of 498A. Pls guide me as this is a very different situation and there is every possibility of him being a victim of 498A.

Bedomita

Learning

2 Replies

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     24 November 2011

Never sign blank documents.

He has the right to be represented by the lawyer of his choice. He can not be forced into something.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

rajiv_lodha (zz)     25 November 2011

These remedies may not bar the girl's side from launching 498a. If boy's side has not taken any dowry, nor they have tortured her, nothing to worry. U have to fight back with all truth! Gud luk

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register