Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajesh   02 July 2015

498a

Dear Sirs,

My wife filed a false 498a (verbal harassment) against me and my mother & sister. My sister got married before my marriage and she is staying in her husband's house. At present my wife is trying to destroy my sister's life too by saying false things to my brother in law and his parents and relatives etc. 

In this complicated situation is it possible to file a complaint/case agaist my wife? Who can file the complaint? Me or my sister?  Under which way and procedures?

Please help me and sorry for my bad english.

Thanks & Regards,

Learning

4 Replies

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     03 July 2015

She must have filed a complaint u/s 504 ipc and depending upon the situation and evidence the police consider either cognizable or non cognizable case.

It shall not be beneficial for you to file immediately any police case against your wife or her relatives. However, your mother may file a counter complaint against her daughter in law for mental torture.. Your wife have just filed complaint yet, so after investigation the police shall send the report in the court and the court would decide whether the complaint is false. Only acquittal of the accused does not prove any complaint false. So it is not easy task to prove that the complaint filed by wife u/s 498 was false. 

rajesh   03 July 2015

Thank you Sir, 

Thank you very much  for your advice. It's very nice of you to take the time to answer my question so fully. 
Regards,

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 July 2015

If  your wife's action caused problems to your sister, she is the one aggrieved, she can very well go ahead with a legal action against your wife for bringing disrepute to her name  and fame, she can even lodge a police complaint  against  your wife for creating problems by giving false complaints and inciting hatredness within the family members and torturing by giving threats etc. 

rajesh   06 July 2015

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to share all of that great information with me.

Regards,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register