Upgrad LLM

406-420 citation needed


I am facing 498a/125 crpc/child custody/section 97 cases filed by my wife. In all these cases I am respondent and am on regular bail in 498a since a year now. 498a trial has not yet started however chargesheet is filed in mar-2010

Recently I got a call from a police station nearby my inlaws house asking me to come for a statement related to streedhan. I have asked for a time near to this weekend and they agreed. I tried asking for more details but they simply told that your wife has filed case to get sreedhan back and we need your statement.

I talked to my lawyer and he told me that my wife might have filed 406/420 etc. and no need to worry but I have heared that these are non bailable offence.

Can anyone please provide me any judgement/citation which may help husband in 406/420 cases as they have made huge false claims of gold-silver and items given to my wife during and after marraige and I am afraid that they may arrange some of their relatives as false witness ..

It would be a great help if someone could share some citation favouring husband against such baseless allegations.



Hi All,

In a new development, I went to concern police station and given my statement. Hence I could see the complaint and came to know that it is under section 406 & 114 and I am the only respondent.

1) can anyone please let me know if arrest can happen even if I went to police station and given my statement (i guess under 202)?

2) How would I know about the further proceedings as I haven't received any summons etc?
3) How would the case proceed now onwards?
4) Any citation which might be useful to counter her baseless allegation of streedhan?

Thanks in advance,




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x