LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

2G spectrum arrest of Mr.Raja

Page no : 2

a.manoharan (Advocate 94431 45884 advocatemanoharan@gmail.com)     08 February 2011

Dear friend Mr.MPS Ramani  i think you misunderstood this posting. i do not support any political party or person whoever against public. i never justifies corruption . my question is only on legal aspect. when Constitution  Law of India says ' state ministry or central ministry is jointly and coleectively responsible for their decisions. how can only any minister can be targetted for  wrongs and gains due to ministry's decision. Raja said' i acted with the knowledge Mr.Manmohan Singh , head of the ministry. all the state and central governments follow some precious schemes , plans and programes. if not suitable, the concerned government change their views and implement  some other suitable programmes for that. it may be better than or worse than previous one. That is   Precedent. The Courts of India also follow the prcedents . SC judgment binds all courts of India as well as People of India .   Here, this question can be asked?  if BJP government committed mistake, why you the opposite governemnt also did the same mistake. have the people selected only for that? If once Sc decided to interfere Government Administration boldly , why it should hesitate ?  let it decide in favour of Public and let them  ask all governments regarding to this matter. Here , one thing is to be remebered , so far no stolen property or amount received from corruption - as per your words  not  a legal term -  has been  found out  and  forfeited  from Mr.Raja.    still the same question is that he was the cause only to Revenue Loss for the Governemnt . Revenue Loss means that is only Revenue Loss and nothig else. Unnecessary expenses of people's money by so many rulers and ruling parties are not at all Revenue Loss ? Only due to that once SC ordered to distribute food grains to public. Still i have full confidence on so many HC & Sc Judges. My only sorrowful thing is that they have not yet  whipped  in full swing for the welfare of Public not minding about thier personal life. Not only i, but also majority Indians  expect such patriotic society, patriotic judiciary , patriotic  politicians , patriotic  rulers, patriotic  executives etc.    weighing balance machine without any bias . am i right? 

The allegations regarding 2G spectrum and the telephonic conversation between Raja and Nira Radia were first made public by Times Now, several months ago. Times Now is not any party media to the best of my knowledge?

Whoever is responsible for Raja’s charge sheet and arrest, has only done the right thing. The pity is will everything wither away and people forget everything?

a.manoharan (Advocate 94431 45884 advocatemanoharan@gmail.com)     08 February 2011

Regarding to ' The allegations regarding 2G spectrum and the telephonic conversation between Raja and Nira Radia were first made public by Times Now, several months ago. Times Now is not any party media to the best of my knowledge? 

Whoever is responsible for Raja’s charge sheet and arrest, has only done the right thing. The pity is will everything wither away and people forget everything? ' , please refer SC previous judgements . the Apex Court decided in so many cases News should not be considered as full and full evidence . Likewise, only because of one’s charge sheet and arrest, he can not be considered as offender as per law. If so , what is the neceesity of court. if so ,even CBI - Executive itself can punish Mr.Raja. Police can punish even innocent as per their character accordingly. What is the need for so many laws and procedures?   . there is no such policy in Democracy. 

Regarding to ' The allegations regarding 2G spectrum and the telephonic conversation between Raja and Nira Radia were first made public by Times Now, several months ago. Times Now is not any party media to the best of my knowledge? 

Whoever is responsible for Raja’s charge sheet and arrest, has only done the right thing. The pity is will everything wither away and people forget everything? ' , please refer SC previous judgements . the Apex Court decided in so many cases News should not be considered as full and full evidence . Likewise, only because of one’s charge sheet and arrest, he can not be considered as offender as per law. If so , what is the neceesity of court.  if so, even CBI - Executive itself can punish Mr.Raja. Police can punish even innocent as per their character accordingly. What is the need for so many laws and procedures?   . there is no such policy in Democracy. 

dear friends , please continue.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     09 February 2011

Yes I continue.

The competent authority in the Government, which included Mr. Raja, initiated the process for 2G spectrum allocation in 2007. There were 2 opinions among the members, one was that 2G spectrum should be auctioned instead the first-cum-first served followed for the allocation done by earlier NDA government. Another opinion was the price should be increased from the 2001 level. Raja insisted on the first-cum-first served basis as well as sticking to the 2001 level. In mid-2007 applications were invited from interested parties in all the 22 telecom circles and October, 01, was fixed as the cut-off date. In the meantime PM wrote to Mr. Raja to auction the spectrum. Raja did not comply with PM’s letter. 46 companies submitted applications before the above cut-off date. Strangely Raja’s ministry issued a press release that only those who applied before September 27, 2007 will be considered. Neither Raja nor anyone else gave a reason for advancing the date. Many big names like AT&T, Sterlite etc were thus eliminated.  Also on January 10, 2008 a notification was issued saying licences will be issued on the next day and only 45 minutes’ time was allowed to receive the licences. I am not going here into further details as to whom all got the licences and what did they do with them. But some did resell the licences at several times higher prices. Raja has been booked under IPC Sections 120 A&B and Section 13 of the Prevention of Corruption Act. IPC Sections deal with criminal conspiracy and the other one deal with illegal consideration.

I hope Mr. Manoharan does not want more to show why only Raja (and his colleagues) has been arrested and not others referred to by him. Of course PM did not act firmly when he should have and thus he proved himself to be a weak person, unfit to be Prime Minister of a large country like ours.

a.manoharan (Advocate 94431 45884 advocatemanoharan@gmail.com)     10 February 2011

Dear Sir, my answer is even in your posting.

1. Why PM and his other collegues firstly told that Mr.Raja did not commit mistakes ?

2. 'Of course PM did not act firmly , and thus he proved himself to be a weak person, unfit to be Prime Minister of a large country like ours'  all of which mean that  he or all of his other ministers are  exempted from any accusation except Mr.Raja? Here, one more word that so far no BJP Ex-Minister or EX-PM gave any proper expalnation for theirs    described policy making which was folllowed by the next Congress Government. Yes. Raja has been booked under IPC Sections 120 A&B . i.e Criminal Conspiracy. who are others? other ministers shall be under that purview of the same or not as per Constitution Law of India  ?   Section 13 of the Prevention of Corruption Act deal with   illegal consideration .Where is recovery so far? CBI again  got extra days custody . Why CBI  has not been even nearing to former BJP ministers other present ministers regarding to this as already news was flasshed that right from the beginning ,   the policy of 2G Spectrum is wrong ? still there are my unsolved questions  in existence.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     10 February 2011

1. The PM took a political stand due to compulsions of coalition politics. Even Mr. Karunanidhi was saying that Raja did no wrong. Sonia Gandhi was afraid that if DMK withdrew support, the Government would fall. PM was and is only a puppet of Sonia Gandhi.
  2. Before UPA-I, it was NDA government and not BJP. Some of the present parties in UPA-II were then with NDA also. DMK also was in NDA. Late Mr. Murasoli Maran was a cabinet minister. In my opinion he was a straightforward and capable minister. He would have known all cabinet decisions. He did not express any opinion about spectrum allocation in 2001.  May be he did not see anything wrong. Neither media nor the opposition parties including the congress and communists did make any complaint. So perhaps under the then prevailing norms, nothing wrong was done. Strictly Raja did not stick to first-cum-first served basis. If he had adhered to the said norms without doing anything dubious [criminal conspiracy] and if he had done things as the PM wanted i.e. holding auction, there would have been nothing against Mr. Raja. Still Raja is only an accused and not a convicted person. Some beurocrats and a Mumbai businessman have also been arrested.

Incidentally I would like to know your opinion on the Tamil problem in Sri Lanka. This is a deviation from the main topic here. I am only using this opportunity to suggest a topic for the forum.

Ramakrishnaraju (Asst.)     10 February 2011

By going through what has been expressed by Shri.Manoharaji, he is taking the side of Raja and DMK.  When there is  prime facie  established to arrest BJP MPs or the ex-minister(s) of BJP, they will be arrested.  But what explanation Raja  or Karunanidhi given so far except that he is Dalit  by Karunanidhi to cover up the mega scam which never heard  before in the world history.  How come the swan telecom company owned by Kanimozhi got the spectrum allotment?  Was there any  explanation from these people?    If BJP done a mistake or bluder by following a policy of first come first serve, Congress  or Raja should(could) have exposed this and should have arrested BJP Ministers.  It was at that time there was not much of competion and the mobile operators were at infant stage.  It was during the time of congress, they grown up and it was at that time Congress or Raja should have collected more revenue by going against the lines of BJP.  Instead, they looted the country and when everything has come into public, now they cry that it is BJP's policy.  What a shame.  Whether the swan company had any previous experiene?  They have simply paid the total fees of 1650 crores to the Ministry and got the licence and the next day they sold for an amount of Rs.8000/- crores(If i am wrong, correct me).  Is it not day light  robbery?

Ramakrishnaraju (Asst.)     10 February 2011

Can  CBI(sonia) arrest Kanimozhi, who is  kingpin in the mega scam?  The next day the goverment will fall.  Karunanidhi will jump  up and down and the goondas of DMK will be let loose to destroy the Tamilnadu.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     12 February 2011

If Ms. Kanimozhi is arrested, nothing will happen. She will be in custody.  If the DMK Government falls, it will be after the next Assembly Elections.

Karunanidhi is a coward. Before 1965 both Karunanidhi and (Bharatratna) MG Ramachandran wanted Tamilnadu to secede from India. They burned the national flag. Mr. MGR even said that he will send the then Madras Police to fight the Indian Army. Two years back one Sri Lanka Minister said Tamilnadu politicians were jokers. Was he right?

The Central Government passed a law saying preaching secession and disrespecting the National Flag as punishable offences. That was enough to cow down these celebrities. They have no courage. When BJP government first won and formed the Government at Delhi in 1998, Karunanidhi was Chief Minister and Jayalalitha was with BJP.  Karunanidhi was all praise for Vajpayee. Why?  He was afraid that at the instance of Jayalalitha, his Government may be dismissed. Then came his opportunity. NDA lost and won in 1999. Then DMK joined NDA Government. Thus DMK was also a party for all the doings/misdoings regarding spectrum then. He thinks that people will not remember that.

And what about Jayalalitha, heir to the Bharatratna?  When she was Chief Minister last, there were peace talks between Sri Lankan Government and Prabhakaran under the mediation of Norway. What did Jayalalitha do? She said that Prabhakaran was a wanted criminal in India and instead holding peace talks with him Sri Lanka should hand over Prabhakaran to India to be hanged. LTTE had assassinated several Sri Lanka politicians. Still they were ready to hold talks with Prabhakaran. What did that mean? She was trying to be more loyal than the king himself. Who was the king, Sri Lankan Government or Indian Government? I leave it to the readers to guess. Much later she also arrested Vaiko under POTA for being an LTTE sympathizer.

Until 1987 Tamilnadu politicians used to get agitated whenever there were clash between Sinhala army and the Tamils. Central Government under Indira Gandhi and later Rajiv Gandhi supported them. Why? Did they love Tamils in Sri Lanka? Not at all. They only wanted Congress to get back their foothold in Tamilnadu.

After that, happened the so called India-Sri Lanka Accord in 1987 without taking into confidence the LTTE. LTTE opposed the accord and Rajiv Gandhi sent the Madras Regiment as IPKF to Sri Lanka so that Tamils can fight Tamils. 1500 IPKF soldiers were killed. Many Sri Lankan Tamils were also killed.

Later Government withdrew IPKF. Then in 1991 Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated. The alienation between Sri Lankan Tamils and Indian Tamils and the whole of India was complete. Sri Lanka was very happy. They could finish off Prabhakaran and the Tamil aspirations without interference from India.  If Sri Lanka had a Sri Lanka Ratna award, they should now award it posthumously to Rajiv Gandhi.

Politicians of all hues are cowards and want only power and money. Ultimately they will die leaving all their ill-gotten money in Swiss Banks.  

Ramakrishnaraju (Asst.)     13 February 2011

U are underestimating  things at TamilNadu.  If Kanimozhi is arrested, the tamasha will be seen.  All the goondas (DMK) will be let loose and they will destroy the properities of ADMK, MDMK, DMDK, COMMUNISTS and later karnunanidhi will give a press statement that it was done by themselves to create a bad name to DMK.  This will also be seen later. Wait and see.

a.manoharan (Advocate 94431 45884 advocatemanoharan@gmail.com)     13 February 2011

Dear friend Mr. Ramakrishna Raju, please go through my former replies. it is as follows: "  i think you misunderstood this posting. i do not support any political party or person whoever against public. i never justifies corruption . my question is only on legal aspect. when Constitution  Law of India says ' state ministry or central ministry is jointly and coleectively responsible for their decisions. how can only any minister can be targetted for  wrongs and gains due to ministry's decision. Raja said' i acted with the knowledge Mr.Manmohan Singh , head of the ministry. all the state and central governments follow some precious schemes , plans and programes."     does it show am i supporing anybody? please correct your words and post the same.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     13 February 2011

Mr. Ramakrishna Raju  seems to be not familiar with contemporary Tamilnadu politics. Karunanidhi has already declared that his son Stalin will be his successor. He is already Deputy Chief Minister. His elder brother Azhagiri does not like this. Though the brothers are against each other both of them are against their half-sister Kanimozhi. If she is arrested they will be happy. The DMK goondas are more under their comtrol than that of Kanimozhi.

Ramesh (Business development manager)     30 July 2011

This is the total failure of governance.  Because the prime minister in not acting on his own.  He is controlled by remote sources.  This gentleman should quit and allow the guilty to come on the stage for punishment.  It is not only 2 G there are many other scams.  Public should unite to gether teach a lesson to the politicians.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     31 July 2011

Earlier I said that the Priminister was weak but honest. Now I have to change my opinion. He is not only weak, but also dishonest. He was hand in glove in the cash-for-vote scam. Further he told a blatant lie in the parliament, that there was not bribery in the cash for vote episode. Now he is  a criminal.

The BJP is not any better. The BJP High command first dilly dallied in removing Yediyurappa. The latter dared to intimidate the top leaders with his Lingayat votes. Even after the Hegde report he is adamant. He is so selfish that his self interests are more for him than his party or the country. Why is BJP so scared of losing power? If they lose now they can again come up in a later election. With their image taking a beating their chances of winning another election has become even slimmer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register